Advice please....... (be warned its a long story)

Thanks CC HQ for the response.

Unfortunatly as yet i still have not received the Log Files as soon as i do i will post them up for you to see of course.

I am happy for you to retune the car if necessary. will look more into that once you have seen the logs.

my Log file as provided by Regal Autosport (very kindly)

S3CCPhase1LogFile.png

1Animal1,

CC wanna see my car but want me to goto them which i don't think is fair as i had my car remapped by the mobile service they run.

I will be interested to see if your logs are similar to mine so don't forget to post up what the tell you over the weekend here.

1Animal1,

CC wanna see my car but want me to goto them which i don't think is fair as i had my car remapped by the mobile service they run.

I will be interested to see if your logs are similar to mine so don't forget to post up what the tell you over the weekend here.

I've got the same problem Rob. CC wanna see mine but it's such a long way to go! They're not that far from Alton Towers though so was considering making a trip of it..anyone up for an ASN Alton Towers meet?! :)

will do mate

cheers bud

I've got the same problem Rob. CC wanna see mine but it's such a long way to go! They're not that far from Alton Towers though so was considering making a trip of it..anyone up for an ASN Alton Towers meet?! :)

might be a nice day out but i would only be prepared to go if they can guarantee to sort the car not just tell me something else is wrong.

One of the revo guys on the S3-talk.com forum has had a look at my log file and thinks its not too far off what it should be he has given me his phone number so may well drop him a call after work.

Andy,

Perhaps we could persuade CC to come see both of us at the same time to make it easier for them cost wise.

might be a nice day out but i would only be prepared to go if they can guarantee to sort the car not just tell me something else is wrong.

One of the revo guys on the S3-talk.com forum has had a look at my log file and thinks its not too far off what it should be he has given me his phone number so may well drop him a call after work.

Yeah that's what worries me..I'll take it up there, they'll spend a day on it and not be able to find a fault and want more time. This is part of the reason I wanna take it to Regal first; you're one step ahead of me. I've got zero holiday left this year so on top of having to take unpaid holiday there's the cost of petrol etc etc. It could turn into the biggest waste of time ever. Then again it could solve out problems and be the best day ever!

Tim - as you're only 10 mins from CC HQ hwo do you fancy putting me and Rob up? ;)

Yeah Tim we could then convoy down (slowly) and get CC to fix them all.

I don't wanna spend any cash sorting this issue as i have already paid the best part of £500 to CC and think they should at least make sure the car is getting the right output they quote on their website of 260-265bhp. Especially as my car has not dropped in performance since the day of the remap so it must of always been like this.

The only way i will part with money is either getting another remap put on the car and if it then works as it should getting a refund from CC or i will take my car to a reasonably local tuner third party and get them to test the car again and if the car is at fault i will pay for the tests and if the software is at fault CC should pay and the either fix my map or refund me.

Yeah that's what worries me..I'll take it up there, they'll spend a day on it and not be able to find a fault and want more time. This is part of the reason I wanna take it to Regal first; you're one step ahead of me. I've got zero holiday left this year so on top of having to take unpaid holiday there's the cost of petrol etc etc. It could turn into the biggest waste of time ever. Then again it could solve out problems and be the best day ever!

Tim - as you're only 10 mins from CC HQ hwo do you fancy putting me and Rob up? ;)

Anytime mate, ive just finished the patio so at the very least you wont get your **** muddy:photo:

Let me take mine down on Sat and see if anything obvious crops up..... if the figures are the same and the problem gets solved then you may have a reason to approach Regal and ask them to correct.... i think its all too easy for these firms to blame the map when they know that once you remap again (usually with their option) then your stuck and still have the initial problem. Obviously it will be a miracle if the same issue crops up with all of our cars.

Alton towers near CC? well its a good hour minimum if thats what you call near :lmfao:

just read through this whole thred.what a read
have you ever thought of chaning your name to Mr LUCKY?
hope you eventually get it sorted once and for all and start enjoying S3 ownership

just read through this whole thred.what a read
have you ever thought of chaning your name to Mr LUCKY?
hope you eventually get it sorted once and for all and start enjoying S3 ownership

I have my share of good fortune this has just been a glitch in the matrix.

Well the clutch fiasco was a while ago now so its no longer annoying me as much anymore.

I was kinda hoping that i had paid my debt of bad luck on the car but the remap has brought another flaw into it now. I just wish it was easier to diagnose what the hell is the problem with it now.

Just read this thread. OMW bad luck on what happened last year, hope you manage to find out whats wrong with your car quicker then last time-and cheaper then last time too.

okies just got back from JBS, my particular problem they think is partly down to a split T piece on the hose under the inlet manifold.... and the T piece above the N249 valve that i originally fixed albeit a lil bodged hehe... once these are sorted they will obviously retest to see if there is anything else... one thing they did say is the figures being produced aren't far off what is being requested by the ECU.

I also took my graph down which they say shows a curve that signifies an unusually lengthy RR test, the torque didnt seem to have any corralation to the power curve after a certain level of RPM which is unusual and most likely down to how the car was tested on the 4wd RR....they suggested that i have it checked on their 2wd RR as this would be more indicative.

I spoke to James about the possibility of the map being at fault and honestly agree with what was said in that the maps are generic and have no reason to change themselves... hence why they test the car pre and post map to make sure that all is ok... my particular issue is most likely down to the car requesting a certain boost where at a certain psi the leak will occur and the turbo is most probably over compensating adjusting the wastegate accordingly (or similar to my explaination:laugh:)

We'll see once the pipes are sorted, i have to say im impressed with the guys down there....yes i am technically a novice, but what they said made lots of sense and was explained thoroughly

Tim

Good work Tim,

Hope your on the way to getting your car at the performance level you want.

Fingers crossed i can get mine sorted out too

Just been on CC's Website and using my crap geog skills it looks like Storm Motorsport is the closest CC Agent to me so i think rather than travel all the way to CC HQ for a free test i may well pay Storm to do the tests instead to save the travel time n costs.

I just posted in the CC thread so if CC are ok with that i will contact Storm next week and try to get it booked in.

I really don't wanna travel all the way to CC HQ to find out i have a boost leak!!