After Long life service - Service interval display....

a3tdiquattro

Reaction score
After Long life service - the service interval display after I got home was reading 9,300miles. I presumed they'd put the wrong service figure in so called them up and went back yesterday.

They adjusted it no problems, back to 20k (which I saw/noticed myself this time) after getting home (4miles) I checked it and it was back down to 9,300miles!

Does any one know what could be causing this? to loose 10,700miles for a 4 miles journey is crazy.

Thanks in advance.

Surely it is still then working on the basis of 10k miles before the next oil change/service says it would be due (i.e. not taking advantage of the fact I've paid out for a long life service), thus only allowing me to do approx half the mileage!?!

personally, id be complaining if it DID tell me i didnt need a service for 20k......

but thats a whole new argument!

if you do a search, you will find you are not alone.

many people on AVS find it gives a low (sensible!) figure initially after servicing until the next service rather than the expected (rediculous) figure of around 20k.

Itll adjust over the next week or so

dont worry about it.

id be more worried about the fact that it wont get any new oil for 20k.....

i keep mine on avs but change the oil every 6-8k, just done it and reset the service inicator and mine too reads 9300 and has done for 200 miles now. I know it will recalculatesoon so don`t worry.

As above, I service my own car now and reset the variable service interval with vag-com. It always says 9300 after reset but within a few hundred miles it reads 20k plus.

Just give it a bit of time, and it'll be fine! :)

It resets to around 10k because it has no data on which to base the next interval. When it has some data it will recalibrate to a more realistic figure.

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciated.

I do 2,200miles (motorway miles) a month and specifically bought a diesel for this purpose. These miles are not labouring on the oil or the engine so personnally believe 20K (max) is a reasonable amount of time for the long life graded oil.

This mileage equates to approx two services a year!

(Audi wouldn't recommend it if they believed it was detrimental to the mechanics of the car)!

I wouldn't dream of doing high miles on a cheap low grade oil.

Thanks again chaps.

Checked the service interval last night and it was reading 17,500 miles, so you're all correct - a couple of hundred miles and it has some data to adjust to.

Thanks to everyone for the info.:applaus: