S3 Remap in Hampshire / Surrey

knobby

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Not long had my S3.. Like and enjoy the power but the car just isnt lairy enough for me so thinking about getting it chipped.

My S3 is a 99 210 BHP.. I am currently getting about 27 to the gallon.. seems some get MPG increase and some dont.. Is this to do with the 210 / 225 bhp cars?? Is there a difinitive answer or is it dependant on the map?

WHERE TO GET IT REMAPPED???
I keep speaking to different people and everyone recommends someone different.. Where to get my S3 chipped in Hampshire / Surrey area?

From reading up on the forum, it sounds like i need to uprate the DV, replace the induction hose to a Samco one and replace the the panel filter with a K&N one.. Anything anyone else can recommend?

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Knobby.

Hello mate, you need to come to the Audi meet on the 7th October then you will get all the advice you will need.

Alright mate, where abouts are you actually based?

Few places that do it, Regal Autosport in Southamton do (Think thier calling themselves VAG Tech or something) think they do GIAC, also theres QST in West Sussex who do MTM

Ah just up the M3

Picking up my S3 end of next week, its got the full 350bhp MTM kit on it (running 330 tho as they all do)

Thats got one of the Forge DV007 diverter valves on it which seems to be the better choice of upgrade for the Dump/Diverter valve (recircs rather than vents to atmosphere, found in the past that the 5vTs dont work quite as well when you vent boost pressure). The one on the car is silver but Ive already bought a black one, so that will be up for sale cheap if your interested as an upgrade for yours (the silver one thats on there that is, I prefer the black one as Im not into shiny silver stuff!)

Forgot about Storm, good bunch of lads, seen some of the work theyve put out from my VW days

grathies said:
Ah just up the M3

Picking up my S3 end of next week, its got the full 350bhp MTM kit on it (running 330 tho as they all do)

Thats got one of the Forge DV007 diverter valves on it which seems to be the better choice of upgrade for the Dump/Diverter valve (recircs rather than vents to atmosphere, found in the past that the 5vTs dont work quite as well when you vent boost pressure). The one on the car is silver but Ive already bought a black one, so that will be up for sale cheap if your interested as an upgrade for yours (the silver one thats on there that is, I prefer the black one as Im not into shiny silver stuff!)

Hi

How much for the DV.. remind me again what it is.. Got a link to info?

Cheers

Knobby

Hey guys im from the hampshire area currently living in southsea. I have seen a few S3's round southsea/portsmouth recently ( mostly dark blue ), still i think the fastest colour is SILVER LOL!

I got my car rempped at MRC tuning in oxford after alot of discussions on here, there website is
http://www.mrctuning.com/ i think it was well worth the drive!

Check out my vids from santa pod i ran a 14.1 at 98mph racing against a 370bhp Focus Rs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrA0_fdu1sA
with just a remap, milltek cat back exhaust and forge TIP.

Are there ever any audi meets round this way?

knobby said:
My S3 is a 99 210 BHP.. I am currently getting about 27 to the gallon.. seems some get MPG increase and some dont.. Is this to do with the 210 / 225 bhp cars?? Is there a difinitive answer or is it dependant on the map?

Generally the remap will give you better MPG for motorway cruising (I can get 37MPG) but can give a bit worse MPG under hard driving.