Recaro - rear access release lever

RAPS3

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
I was trying to put some bits and bobs on the back seat the other day, lifted the lever on the passenger side seat and heard a click. It sounded like something has snapped inside the seat, and the seat will no longer lift forward. Luckily I've managed to get it into the dealers today as the warrenty runs out tommorrow.

I have heard of this happening to others, has it happened to you?

There is a wire that lifts up the lever inside the seat this has probably snapped happened on the wifes Polo

Yep happened to me. It became stiff, stopped working most of the time, then the handle just snapped off.
Fixed under warranty but make sure you check the panel where the handle is as they buitchered mine off to get to the mechanism.
About 6 months later it started playing up again though.
Crap design.

Cheers

Ben

This lever is the worst part of the S3!

Fotunately the good bits well outweigh this 'oversight' in the design.

Got it back from the dealer at tea time. The tech said it was a fault inside the seat and that it could be rectified.

He said if it happened again that all I needed to do was hold up the lever on the drivers side of the passenger seat. Then lift the passenger side handle and I would hear a click. The reconnected the mechanism and the passenger side handle would work.
I wasnt really happy with this as it shouldnt really be happening to start with, but warenty wont pay to strip the seat down and I hardly ever have anyone in the back anyway. So I suppose it'll have to do.

I only lifted the seat in the first place to pick the money up that'd fell out of my pocket. That'll teach me.

You have to push my drivers seat back towards the rear seats before you lift the latch otherwise it wont release, such a nightmare when you have your hands full. I even took it back under warranty and they failed to fix it.

I moved my driver seat forward the other day and now it is clicking all the time whilst driving. It looks like the hard plastic piece on the side of the base is catching on something (inside it?).

annoying