Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Eibach Springs...

What do you think of these? Worth a go, or buy them properly from an Eibach dealer?

Springs

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Neal

2. # ADS
    ADS

A4 b6 1.8T Black

Status

Re: Eibach Springs...

How much can you get them for from a 'eibach dealer'?

Neutral

Status

Just recently found out that the product code for these are actually for A3 TDI models, not the petrol models as the description says.

I think the average price for these retail is around 110 to 120. So not a great deal more...

N.

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Neal_A3T said:
    Just recently found out that the product code for these are actually for A3 TDI models, not the petrol models as the description says.

I think the average price for these retail is around 110 to 120. So not a great deal more...

N.

[/ QUOTE ]

We sell them for 121.15+vat, but as audi-sport members, you get them for 115.09+vat

Rich

Visit <a href="http://www.jbrperformance.com" target="_blank">www.jbrperformance.com</a>

Neutral

Status

Nice one Rich... I shall keep that in mind. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

How do you rate these against H&amp;R's equivalent? I have heard mixed stories on both. I believe Gambba runs on Eibachs and seems very happy with them.

N.

Neutral

Status

I ran Eibachs because the H&amp;R's were bright red and you could see them a mile off. The Eibachs are a stealthy grey and were a mile better than standard, even with standard dampers. The front also drops more than the back ever so slightly. Hope that helps,

Cheers

Ben

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Neal_A3T said:
    Nice one Rich... I shall keep that in mind. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

How do you rate these against H&amp;R's equivalent? I have heard mixed stories on both. I believe Gambba runs on Eibachs and seems very happy with them.

N.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eibach and H&amp;R are both top end manufacturers, so their products will be of equal quality, so just depends which characteristic you prefer from each, to which one you go for.

Best thing to do is speak to people who have both.

I will soon be going for Eibach pro-street coilovers for my 1.8T.

Just a note to everyone too... We are trying to get ECS Tuning (US Tuning company) to supply us. They do some fantastic brake upgrades for the 1.8T for a good price. I am currently looking at their tru-float front disc upgrade, which uses TT caliper carriers and a 312mm semi floating 2 piece disc assembly. They look damn sexy and im sure they would stop you well too!

here is a pic:

Rich

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Neal_A3T said:

N.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you have two options from H&amp;R the first only offers a drop of 25mm and the second offers 45-50mm (IIRC), where as i felt the Eibachs were the perfect drop of 35mm, not too little and not too much [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

I could be tempted to go slightly lower, but find parking forwards against kerbs would be the limiting factor, as it already is in most cases with a 35mm drop. I have to say I love the look at the front end and would of prefered the rear to be lower, but it all looks good.

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Just a note to everyone too... We are trying to get ECS Tuning (US Tuning company) to supply us. They do some fantastic brake upgrades for the 1.8T for a good price. I am currently looking at their tru-float front disc upgrade, which uses TT caliper carriers and a 312mm semi floating 2 piece disc assembly. They look damn sexy and im sure they would stop you well too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Advert posting whore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Advert posting whore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They look SCHWEET tho dont they! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Im getting the ECS stage 1 clutch kit with lightened flywheel for $400 US!

Bargain rated at 230hp -270hp!

As with the springs i had the H&amp;R and my friend had the Eibach similar performance but me and my friend agree that the H&amp;R are more comfy vs the eibach i was running on 18" wheels and my friend was on 16" wheels so figure that out im happy i chose them just luck i guess [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Costa, (Still waiting for a reply, before you ask [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Any idea how much fitting will run on the clutch/flywheel?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Thanks for the comments guy's...

I have always swayed towards the Eibach's over the H&amp;R's due to general comments about them; so I will probably go for them when the time comes...

Sort of on the back-burner at the moment, as the 'small' damage I have on the front of my car is gonna cost me about a grand to fix! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

i'm trying desperately to find someone to do it cheaper, but dont seem to be having much luck... so mods on hold for now... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

N.

1st Gear

Status

i got quoted 7 hours labour for fitting bthe clutch except one of my mates work for VW and has offered me to do it for a quatre of the price oettinger quoted, appreciating what they have done for me (they have to cover their costs etc) ill go thru my mate as im broke (getting married next year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

I have a set of Eibach springs on my A3 Turbo, I think they are the dogs b's, although i also have found the front to be slightly lower than the back. I had a Corrado b4 my A3 which was 40mm lowered which I found was too much, the amount of times I had to re-fit my front bumper because of curbs, speed bumps etc was a joke.