Volks AutosChris Nott
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Brentwood, Essex
    Posts
    30

    Eibach Springs...

    What do you think of these? Worth a go, or buy them properly from an Eibach dealer?

    Springs

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    Neal

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    A4 b6 1.8T Black

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    29

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    How much can you get them for from a 'eibach dealer'?

  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Brentwood, Essex
    Posts
    30

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    Just recently found out that the product code for these are actually for A3 TDI models, not the petrol models as the description says.

    I think the average price for these retail is around 110 to 120. So not a great deal more...

    N.

  5. #4
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    [ QUOTE ]
    Neal_A3T said:
    Just recently found out that the product code for these are actually for A3 TDI models, not the petrol models as the description says.

    I think the average price for these retail is around 110 to 120. So not a great deal more...

    N.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    We sell them for 121.15+vat, but as audi-sport members, you get them for 115.09+vat

    Rich

    Visit <a href="http://www.jbrperformance.com" target="_blank">www.jbrperformance.com</a>

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Brentwood, Essex
    Posts
    30

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    Nice one Rich... I shall keep that in mind. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    How do you rate these against H&amp;R's equivalent? I have heard mixed stories on both. I believe Gambba runs on Eibachs and seems very happy with them.

    N.

  7. #6
    bjacks's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    78

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    I ran Eibachs because the H&amp;R's were bright red and you could see them a mile off. The Eibachs are a stealthy grey and were a mile better than standard, even with standard dampers. The front also drops more than the back ever so slightly. Hope that helps,

    Cheers

    Ben

  8. #7
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    [ QUOTE ]
    Neal_A3T said:
    Nice one Rich... I shall keep that in mind. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    How do you rate these against H&amp;R's equivalent? I have heard mixed stories on both. I believe Gambba runs on Eibachs and seems very happy with them.

    N.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Eibach and H&amp;R are both top end manufacturers, so their products will be of equal quality, so just depends which characteristic you prefer from each, to which one you go for.

    Best thing to do is speak to people who have both.

    I will soon be going for Eibach pro-street coilovers for my 1.8T.

    Just a note to everyone too... We are trying to get ECS Tuning (US Tuning company) to supply us. They do some fantastic brake upgrades for the 1.8T for a good price. I am currently looking at their tru-float front disc upgrade, which uses TT caliper carriers and a 312mm semi floating 2 piece disc assembly. They look damn sexy and im sure they would stop you well too!

    here is a pic:


    Rich

  9. #8
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    [ QUOTE ]
    Neal_A3T said:
    Nice one Rich... I shall keep that in mind. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    How do you rate these against H&amp;R's equivalent? I have heard mixed stories on both. I believe Gambba runs on Eibachs and seems very happy with them.

    N.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well you have two options from H&amp;R the first only offers a drop of 25mm and the second offers 45-50mm (IIRC), where as i felt the Eibachs were the perfect drop of 35mm, not too little and not too much [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    I could be tempted to go slightly lower, but find parking forwards against kerbs would be the limiting factor, as it already is in most cases with a 35mm drop. I have to say I love the look at the front end and would of prefered the rear to be lower, but it all looks good.

  10. #9
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Just a note to everyone too... We are trying to get ECS Tuning (US Tuning company) to supply us. They do some fantastic brake upgrades for the 1.8T for a good price. I am currently looking at their tru-float front disc upgrade, which uses TT caliper carriers and a 312mm semi floating 2 piece disc assembly. They look damn sexy and im sure they would stop you well too!


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Advert posting whore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

  11. #10
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Just a note to everyone too... We are trying to get ECS Tuning (US Tuning company) to supply us. They do some fantastic brake upgrades for the 1.8T for a good price. I am currently looking at their tru-float front disc upgrade, which uses TT caliper carriers and a 312mm semi floating 2 piece disc assembly. They look damn sexy and im sure they would stop you well too!


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Advert posting whore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  12. #11
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Just a note to everyone too... We are trying to get ECS Tuning (US Tuning company) to supply us. They do some fantastic brake upgrades for the 1.8T for a good price. I am currently looking at their tru-float front disc upgrade, which uses TT caliper carriers and a 312mm semi floating 2 piece disc assembly. They look damn sexy and im sure they would stop you well too!


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Advert posting whore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    They look SCHWEET tho dont they! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

  13. #12
    XXX_18T's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    184

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    Im getting the ECS stage 1 clutch kit with lightened flywheel for $400 US!

    Bargain rated at 230hp -270hp!

    As with the springs i had the H&amp;R and my friend had the Eibach similar performance but me and my friend agree that the H&amp;R are more comfy vs the eibach i was running on 18" wheels and my friend was on 16" wheels so figure that out im happy i chose them just luck i guess [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

  14. #13
    Drill's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Land of Good Beer, and better Roads :-p
    Posts
    928

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    Costa, (Still waiting for a reply, before you ask [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

    Any idea how much fitting will run on the clutch/flywheel?

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

  15. #14
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Brentwood, Essex
    Posts
    30

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    Thanks for the comments guy's...

    I have always swayed towards the Eibach's over the H&amp;R's due to general comments about them; so I will probably go for them when the time comes...

    Sort of on the back-burner at the moment, as the 'small' damage I have on the front of my car is gonna cost me about a grand to fix! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

    i'm trying desperately to find someone to do it cheaper, but dont seem to be having much luck... so mods on hold for now... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    N.

  16. #15
    XXX_18T's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    184

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    i got quoted 7 hours labour for fitting bthe clutch except one of my mates work for VW and has offered me to do it for a quatre of the price oettinger quoted, appreciating what they have done for me (they have to cover their costs etc) ill go thru my mate as im broke (getting married next year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

  17. #16
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    FLINTSHIRE
    Posts
    8

    Re: Eibach Springs...

    I have a set of Eibach springs on my A3 Turbo, I think they are the dogs b's, although i also have found the front to be slightly lower than the back. I had a Corrado b4 my A3 which was 40mm lowered which I found was too much, the amount of times I had to re-fit my front bumper because of curbs, speed bumps etc was a joke.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO