About to buy 2002 Audi S3, need some advice!

W14FEN

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm just about to buy a Black S3 for £10,999 px with my Year 2000 s2000 (he's giving me £9000, which seems fare). 74,000 miles, full audi service history, looks and sounds perfect.

The only things stopping me is that the seller (trade) doesnt have any receipts from the services, but he does have the service book stamped with the boxes ticked for whats been done. The other thing was the clutch felt a little weird, the bite point was very low down. maybe I'm just not used to it.

I feel wary of the lack of receipts as all other cars I have bought have always had all the paper work...eg past work taken out, recalls etc etc.

Is there anything I should be looking out for?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Everyone.

No recipts? maybe no the issue the think it is...
check the stamps in the book and call the dealers? if main dealer they will keep records, or get the reg and VIN number and call Audi customer service

as for clutch can be expensive most dealers change the slave cylinder at same time only 80 pound but all adds up! when mine went needed master cylinder as well :motz:

what about cam belt? water pump? getting close to change time...

worst case get it check out by AA or RAC.

BUT just to close if it was me i have always learnt GO WITH YOUR GUT! if it feels strange or not right pull out..:icon_thumright:

yer get an rac/aa inspection done and hpi check.
also get cambelts service / brake fluid change /haldex filter oil / fuel filter done along with a service.

as long as the car passes hpi and rac / aa find no major faults it shoud be fine, all cars have parts that wear out.
dealers should provide min 3 month warranty as well

just phoen audi customer services to confirm that they were done where and when the service book says

daz2347 said:
what about cam belt? water pump? getting close to change time...
If they haven't been done they're actually overdue, 60k or 4 years is the new Audi recommendation. You can use this as a bargaining point.
If the cambelt has been done then check they did the water pump as Audi don't do it as a matter of course and you're looking at the same amount of labour as the cambelt.