Exhaust back box / Tip

sharma

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at getting a backbox or exhaust tip for my Audi A3. Its a 1.9 tdi (2002). Which backbox would you guys recommend and how much would i be looking at paying for it? Also how much louder would the car go? I don't want it too loud but wouldnt mind a slight sporty noise.

Another option is to get an exhaust tip. These seem to be very hard to find for diesels as on my diesel the exhaust is behind the bumper. Does anyone know where i can source one from and what i would be looking at paying? I have seen this one and it seems like it will fit ok but im not 100 percent sure (the third one down on the page). Can anyone confirm the size is 'Ø 45-55mm' for the 1.9 tdi's

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can get the tips from audi?

also , putting something on you car to resonate the sound of a diesel.. well. will make it sound like a tractor won't it? :S

Yes thats the tip i was looking at. If you look at the link in my post above you can see there are 2 types however, 1 is for a diesel and the other is for a petrol. I just need to confirm the diesel one is the correct size.

And i never knew Audi did exhaust tips?

Stuck at work, so all i can see is text on webpages, photobucket and the like are disabled :motz: