SUCH A ****.

ellhans

Reaction score
I nearly had a beautiful Black 2001 facelift S3, only 53000 miles but fluffed it by not offering the full asking price (9000). I am now absolutely gutted. Who wants to sell me a facelift for 9000 with lowish miles? preferably yellow or black with full black leather? :D

p.s. BEWARE, there's a 2002 purple S3 on autotrader which the guy has said is hpi clear, however after i did a HPI check its a cat C write off. some people are faggots. I was wondering why he was letting it go for 8200 with only 52,000 miles.

ellhans said:
I nearly had a beautiful Black 2001 facelift S3, only 53000 miles but fluffed it by not offering the full asking price (9000). I am now absolutely gutted. Who wants to sell me a facelift for 9000 with lowish miles? preferably yellow or black with full black leather? :D
I take it, it's sold then?
p.s. BEWARE, there's a 2002 purple S3 on autotrader which the guy has said is hpi clear, however after i did a HPI check its a cat C write off. some people are faggots. I was wondering why he was letting it go for 8200 with only 52,000 miles.

Thanks for the headsup.

Well the guy said some guy's already put down the deposit for the full amount so its not looking good, however, he said he'll give me a call if the guy pulls out, but that won't happen :(

I know, big mistake on my behalf. I'm always trying to get a better deal :(

checked it on auto trader. look at his description

Manual, 52,000 miles, READVERTISED DUE TO TIME WASTERS mightnight purple,6 speed manual, ABS, Alarm, 19" genuine rs4 Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Central locking, Climate control, xeon headlights, bose 6 disc multi changer and speaker system, full black leather, 10months mot 6months tax, fash, car is hpi clear with certificate to prove but all aa/rac checks welcome, a truly stunning car. £8,200. ono

also done a quick free check and found

Previous Keepers5Date of registration04.01.2002Last keeper change24.07.2007

thats alot of owners and only changed 6 weeks ago

Yeah, it's lucky I checked because I could have wasted alot of money. Where did you get that check done? I had to pay to find that information out :(

The fact that this guy has only had the car for 6 weeks probably suggests 1 of 2 things:

1. He bought the car, knowing that it was a Cat C, with the intention of selling on for more money while trying to hide the write off

2. He got stitched up by buying the car without knowing it was a Cat C, and now he's found out, he wants to shift it on without telling anyone so he can get his money back.

Either way, I was speaking on the phone to him and when I asked for his postcode, he told me he didn't have one. lol... Clearly didn't want me to know where he lived just incase his idea worked. idiot man. :no:

cheers joost.
yep theres a free basic check on auto trader home page. handy for checking a numbers of cars, then you can pay hpi for one you might buy

That's the one.

Haven't seen one for the same price and miles yet :( How'd you know?

Hey, he knows cos i bought it lol. its a lovely car and as you say for that price (he was buying a house) i had to snap it up! i only live 1 mile away from him so it was easy to pop round and view it.

When you're ready to sell up you'll let me know won't you? :) It is a really nice car and im an idiot for not offering full price :confused:

Ha ha it wont be for a while yet! at least you know it went to a good home and will be well looked after. Hope your search for one goes well!

Indeed, very nice car. "Lats" and I work at at the same company. We're getting quite a collection going now. 2 S3s and my A3.

My wheels are nicer tho :)

Hehe, good stuff. I'm still driving around in my sluggish MK4 VW GTI non turbo. Arghh!! I want in on the audi crew NOW! :)