Fulda tyres ?

sprout99

Reaction score
i'm forward planning buying my next set before the winter

i've been looking on www.mytyres.co.uk for suitable replacements

i've been running Kuhmo's which are ok for past year.

I quite fancy the Fulda's next. They get same test results as Toyos's but are a lot cheaper. I've got 225/45/17 Y rated. So they're generally not cheap anyway.

Has anyone used Fulda. Any comments?

Fulda are made by Goodyear, I had them on a Golf GTi a few years back, very good IMO.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's are only £73 each on the site, the Fulda are only a few £ cheaper. Best off with the F1's IMO

the test results are only a guide, there are so many factors, for instance, the actual car tested, tyre size, weight etc.... I'd go with what people recommend, they may work well on the test car, but they may not be so great on an S3

I had Fulda tyres all round on my civic, and was well impressed with them, the grip in wet and dry was great. No understeer or slide when cornering hard in the wet and they lasted me about 2 years before I replaced the fronts, the rears had plenty of tread left.
I think they were Fulda carat extremo? I was running them on 17" wheels.

I would definitely recommend them and would buy them again.

thats what i was looking at and at £66 a corner not a bad price.

Toyo's are good but a little pricey now and fancy a change from Kumho's

I thought the toyos were good, vut wear out very quickly. The kumhos are not very good in the wet either i've had them before and they were on my current car when i bought them.

Emmo said:
I had Fulda tyres all round on my civic, No understeer or slide when cornering hard in the wet .

Fulda's are good, but they're not magic! Either that or your definition of cornering hard must be way off mine.

Iv got Fulda's on my S3, they were on the car when i bought it. I hadnt heard of them before, so immediately thought they were budget rubbish but have been fairly impressed with them. They have good overall grip and seem to have worn really well but i find them pretty loud on some surfaces. If price is a major factor then id say you wont go wrong with the Fulda's, i have 225/40/18 XL's. If its superior road car grip your after (without going down the cut slicks route), go for Michelins, I wouldnt bother with F1's or toyos IMO.