S3 Starting problems

mattyboy199

Reaction score
My S3 is having trouble starting, only happened for the 1st time last night as though the battery was flat & again this morning but it started. I dont run anything in the car that would soak up any power only BOSE. No lights have been left on either can anyone help

thanks

matt

I had starting problems on my 2000 S3, ended up being a duff battery, it had been in there since new. Halfords trade card gave me a half price 4yr guarantee calcium battery, no problems at all now...

Has the car had a new battery fitted at all? - Batteries would only last about 5 years anyway. IIRC audi batteries have a "inspection" light on the top so you can check the charge.

Alternatively, it could be the alternator not charging the battery properly whilst the engine is running?

Yeah the battery would be 6 years old in Jan 08, wouldnt have thought it was the alternator as it seems to start everytime, just strggles to get there.

i checked out the battery light & is not lit basically ? so what does that mean ? also if the battery is to be replaced what about the plastic thing that clips into the sides ? where does that go ?

well i ve changed the battery so i assume the fault will disappear.