S3 tyres

rpadam

S3 Raj
Reaction score
Need to get a new set of tyres this week, currently using Eagle F1 GS-D3 which i had no problems with but Goodyear have bought out a new tyre the Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

The reason for the post is to find out if other S3 drivers are using the Asymmetric tyre and what they think of it, or would you recommend another tyre?

Cheers.

Im using the michelin pilot sport's haven't had any problems with them, they handle very well!

I'm sure they will be good and even better than the GSD's if they last a little longer. I can't believe that a tyre for £125 only lasts about 5000 miles.

S3MHT said:
Im using the michelin pilot sport's haven't had any problems with them, they handle very well!

ps2's last VERY well, ive had a set on now swapped front and rear for 25k. but to be honest, they really dont offer the best in traction. theyre good, and seem stable in the wet, but for dry weather stuff, they just dont grip like F1's or T1Rs.

that said, they will last twice as long, and still be fairly good. on a 4wd S3 they should be fine. on a fwd A3, theyre awful

You are not allowed to comment, for the badge snobs have decided you have an inferior automobile!!

Scum. You've got nits!

Go home etc.

Dave_Bayern said:
You are not allowed to comment, for the badge snobs have decided you have an inferior automobile!!

Scum. You've got nits!

Go home etc.

yea, but surely taking into account the fact that my car is faster than an S3, surely im allowed my say ;)

or does it not work like that round here :happy:

All comments are welcome but i said S3 drivers because:
1. the quattro system
2. handling
3. power etc....