Replacing A3 discs and pads, things to look out for?

Voodoo

Reaction score
Website
www.shrewsburybowmen.co.uk
There seems to be a brake frenzy of questions going on lately, sorry to add to the list :)

Just wondering if there are any fidely things to look out for when replacing the rear discs and pads on an 8L A3 ?

ive done pads before, and discs are usually straight forward, either held on by the wheel, or 2 screws from disc to hub... but thought id ask before I start the process. If anyone has had any bad experiences, or came across something extra to do that most other cars dont have etc

Got the discs and pads ready to go, £51 all in for 2 rear discs and 4 pads which I thought was a fair price, consider the cost of parts for my last car Toyota Celica

ta

They're dead easy bud nothin to watch out for

Voodoo said:
There seems to be a brake frenzy of questions going on lately, sorry to add to the list :)

Just wondering if there are any fidely things to look out for when replacing the rear discs and pads on an 8L A3 ?

ive done pads before, and discs are usually straight forward, either held on by the wheel, or 2 screws from disc to hub... but thought id ask before I start the process. If anyone has had any bad experiences, or came across something extra to do that most other cars dont have etc

Got the discs and pads ready to go, £51 all in for 2 rear discs and 4 pads which I thought was a fair price, consider the cost of parts for my last car Toyota Celica

ta

Hi

did you get the discs and pads off ebay for £40 + £11 Del?
If so i saw those and will be going to purchase them soon

Hi all,

Looking at replacing my front discs and pads. Anyone got any advice on types brands e-bay shops etc where I can get the right items at a good price but will last. To fit A3 1900 TDI 130 brake.

Cheers Al:hubbahubba:

dont for the love of god buy those Allied Nippon brakes on ebay.

squeaking beyond belief. (thanks for previous replies guys, nothings worked, put new pads on helped alot, putting new discs on tomorrow which hopefully will stop it all together). Others will be going in the bin.

Or greenstuff pads - which are also notoriously squeaky and dont help you stop any better either

Thanks for the reply's chaps :arco:

Anyone tried the mintex sets from fleabay!

Or other ideas locations of some decent discs other than the more expensive route of Black Diamond etc.

Al:thumbsup:

I would stick to the OEM ones from GSF car parts.
Believe me, the amount of squeal I had, I'd throw any money at it after then to fix it. Short cut at the start equaled lots of money and hassle after!