Indicators. dying,..

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
It would seem that my indicators are dying.

It started this afternoon, with some irregular ticking (skipping the odd beat), and finsihed with complete reluctance to indicate.

The hazarads still work though. Great.

So spoke to my stealer, and he said speak to audi uk recovery first? Anyway they send out RAC guy, who can't fix the problem - all he did was check the fuse & reset battery. He couldn't even recover the vehicle - as I'd need a trailer (4wd). RAC hinted that this was a common problem on new audis? first I've heard??

So car now need to go back to its favourite 2nd home.

So what a month I've just had.

First it starts well - I suppose. Audi UK finally get sick of me and my battery problems and give me a new one - all battery related issues solveh (hurrah!) - that cost them at least 10 RAC visits, one technician visit, 2 and half days testing in Audi workshop (6mths ago and given a clean bill of health), and a 3 day hire of a vectra. 'Right on' customer service too. But heh problem solved now!

Then in the freak snow, someone manage to **** my driver side wing and cause £220 on body work damage. Excess £250. Damn.

Now this.

I am starting to think Audi Girl wasn't the only one to get a dodgey S3????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

It's probably the "indicator relay"......

My indicators went half-way to Manchester (yes that damn cursed S3!). Called Audi Assist and they fixed it while I was in my meeting in Manchester - I had to use my hand to indicate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Apparantly it's a common fault.........

And I can sympathise on the body damage - somebody side swiped Kitty on the motorway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

well booked in for tomorrow.

So for now I'll just have to pretend I am a BMW driver and assume everybody on the road will telepathically know where I am going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

ain't that true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
well booked in for tomorrow.

So for now I'll just have to pretend I am a BMW driver and assume everybody on the road will telepathically know where I am going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But wait, of course we know where the Bimmer drivers are going to go.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif In front of you on the outside lane, or up ur *** flashing their lights, or cutting you up cos they feel like it. Pretty obvious no?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Tone

The exact same thing just happened to me, except I was told by my Audi dealer that it was a relay in the steering column. They got a part in for me costing 45 Euro but I haven't gone to the garage yet to get it fixed. Is the relay behind the hazard light fixable?

Thanks.

If it is teh realy, its a piec of **** to replace.. will take you 10 minutes. Remove under tray for steering, and they are right in front of you.

Rich

Hmm, dealer 'fixed' it, but now the indicator for right has started blinking at twice the speed as the indicator for left? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Plus it make a more clunky sound - similiar to other new audi I've driven.

Am I being to picky if I insist that the dealer fixes it with the same unit he's replaced. The S3 indicator noise is more of a slow confident tick than a impetus flinking clunk. Hmmm..

Ive noticed that when one of the indicator bulbs go on VAG cars, the side where the bulb has gone usually blinks at twice the speed, so have a look first.

Joe