METAL SKIDPAN

wezhaz

Reaction score
There is an optional metal skidpan available for the A3/S3 which covers the underside of the engine bay.Looking for any fitting help as can't locate the details on Erwin download.Does anyone have this fitted to their car?Thanks.

Sorry can't help you with how to fit it, but i did find a nice picture of it if that's of any use:

skidplate.jpg

Good luck

Neil

The Tdi noise reduction panel is plastic and doesn't fit the A3 petrol- dealers ordered me one by mistake!!This is steel and by the weight must be armour plated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
allen said:
The Tdi noise reduction panel is plastic and doesn't fit the A3 petrol- dealers ordered me one by mistake!!This is steel and by the weight must be armour plated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly as I found out after checking on a freinds Tdi, but why doesn't it fit?

Anyway, did you get the armour plating? If so how much does it way and how much protection does it offer?...oh and cost?

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
Gambba could have done with it! Save his poor subframe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why i'm interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Fitted the new subframe on Saturday morning, took me around 5 hours even though some of that was fecking about with other stuff. Need to get the tracking seen to now, as the steering feels incredibly light and horrible, and although I've tried to set the toe up as close to standard, it needs doing properly.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but it sounds like there is a clonking noise as well now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif...oh and I found the inner CV joint boot on the right hand side had now split, so I know what I'll be busy with next Saturday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

did you have to alter the tracking? Why should you have to, I thought you wouldn't have to disturb that. The accident hasn't bent one of the track rod ends maybe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
did you have to alter the tracking? Why should you have to, I thought you wouldn't have to disturb that. The accident hasn't bent one of the track rod ends maybe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine the tollerances of the different sub frame and it's mounting (remebering the power steer cylinder sits on it) caused it to be off slightly, nothing a couple of turns couldn't help. I could feel it when driving that one wheel was dragging and also that the steering wheel was off centre, and then when I parked it up I could clearly see that the left wheel had quite some toe out.....

It certainly needs checking over though.....and not because I've left any bolts loose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did check,check and double check.