Audi concert stereo

MarcA3

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the above stereo in my car with the Bose sound system option and six disk changer. The stereo is playing up, sometimes it will go to max volume or no volume as soon as you touch the volume control, regardless which direction it is turned. I believe this is quite a common fault. Do you know will any Audi concert stereo tape/tuner fit, is there only one type? If there are many types what do I need to look for?

Many thanks

Marc

Hello mate, I have exactly the same problem in my S3 with the same stereo, the strange thing is that it is worse first thing in the morning when it is cold, this may sound strange I can not figure it out !

It is very annoying when you get in the car turn the sereo up and then full blast vloume, scares the cr@p out of me sometimes !

Car is under warranty but have not spoken to Audi yet it is going in for a new DV Valve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif this thursday so I will get them to have a look at it then !

Yeah like I say, the more I look into it, the more I find people with the same problem. It is apparantly a problem with the processor in the head unit.

Had that this morning. First time it had gone to MAX volume - scared the bejesus out of me - all I did was turn the traffic report off and suddenly white noise that I thought would blow the speakers.
It happened the other day while my 8-month pregnant wife was next to me - she thought I'd done it and looked at me like I was a lunatic.

I have exactly the same problem on my 1.8 T Quattro, more of a problem in the mornings. weird!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It's a known problem on the Concert stereo. The processor dies for some reason or another. I got mine sent away to be fixed via my local car radio shop. Cost £115.00 in the end!! Still cheaper than a new radio. Other option is buying a second hand unit on eBay or similar, but could have the same fault.

I spoke to Audi about my Stereo, I bought my car five months ago second hand from Audi with full warranty they replaced it for free under warranty getting it done tomorrow along with a new Diverter Valve. But he did say if they do not replace stereo under warranty then it would be about £130 quid, but he did state ONLY £130, I said well if it is only £130 I hope your paying for it, cheeky b@stard !

In all fairness he was a nice bloke as we talked about tuning Audis ! I think he just wanted me money, as it is due a AVS Service soon ! Anyone know how much these are ?