Car hit just in time for edition!!!

joshW

Reaction score
After first realising that my brakes will not be here in time for this weekend,
Then not being able to do my exhaust, this happens..............

SP_A0016.jpg

SP_A0017.jpg

SP_A0018.jpg

SP_A0019.jpg

I was waiting to pull in to the petrol garage(one lane for parking,one for petrol) and as you can see from the first pic i was well in my lane when this T***SER decided that he would'nt look in his mirror and cut across my lane (i wasnt moving at the time) and scrape all down my wing and bumper!
And to make things even better, even though ive got a witness and CCTV footage to prove it was his fault, hes still claiming 50/50 so looks like my baby could be like this for months:(

And to top it off its edition this weekend and my car will look cack now because ive also had to raise the suspension so the wheel does'nt rub on the arch! im GUTTED!!!

On the upside, exhaust was fitted today so that cheered me up a bit! pics to follow as its still a bit ****** ATM.

Any advice on what to do regarding sorting this Tw*t out would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
josh

:( :(

Sorry to see what's happened there Josh. I can only imagien how pi$$ed you feel at the minute.

Re: the situation, I would ensure you get the CCTV footage saved and also you keep in touch with that witness. Put the pressure on the other guy as much as possible with such evidence and maybe he will back down?? At least you can try. Have the police been notified?

On the plus side at least nobody was hurt, and you've got your exhaust. Give it a couple of days and let it all settle down, you'll soon focus on then sorting the situation out.

Best of luck.
Rob

No the police have not been notified! i am hoping that the guy will back down to save all the hassle of insurance. insurance have been told and they didnt say anything about notifying the police. should I??

josh

Gutted mate.

I thought you had to notify them in the event of an accident within 24hrs not sure in your case as it sounds like private property. Worth a visit just in case.

Wounded!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

No other words for it dude!

Apart from ones i cant use cos its before 9pm.!

Can only imagine how ya feel, would be well and truly gutted myself.

I don't see why you havn't notified the police if it's clearly HIS fault!, as stated above, these things needs to be done within 24hrs, and from what you are saying, worst case scenario is 50:50, you have more to lose, tell him if he doesn't back down from the 50:50 claim, you are left with no choice but to report him.

fingermouse said:
brake fluid over his entire car ...............

might be a bit rash this early on but ..............

LOL, if he hadnt already made it quite clear that his car is "just a peice of metal" to him id think about it lol.

think i am going to try talking to him again pointing out that the CCTV clearly shows him at fault and go from there!

josh

Gutted for you mate, had the same experience with a neighbour once who reversed into my MkII GTi. He at first accepted liability, but then retracted. Ended up being a 50/50 claim as I could not prove I was stationary.

CCTV could well be your saviour. Make sure the store/garage have put it to one side and contact your insurers.

To be honest the police are not going to be interested unless there is;
i) Injury caused to someone, in which case the collision needs to be reported within 24hrs.
ii) An allegation of driving without due care, (which you could argue for just about any collision as someone is always at fault). The reality is that this would never be pursued, from my experiences.

Keep the pressure on your insurers, if you have paid extra on your insurance for legal protection get the ball in their court ASAP as it is their job to recover your costs etc. Good luck, hope it works out........
:salute:

The only accident I have had was a woman went into the back of me at a roundabout. I reported it to the police and they said it was a legal requirment a long time ago agreed but worth doing.

I'd agree with most the comments. I think it would just help if you made a statement with the known evidence of the CCTV. Agreed the police will not be interested, yet you will have it on record that you contacted the police to notify them in the first place. Secondly you have potential evidence to 'prove' who was 'in the wrong' (so to speak).

If in the future it goes through the insurance and becomes a tough battle it might just all stand in your favour. I would make sure you act fast on getting a copy of that CCTV too.

It's a sad incident and why should you be left carrying the can? grrrr.