New MAF fitted

sitrials

Reaction score
Website
www.m-a-d.co.uk
just fitted a new MAF i got from Audi i did check the part numbers while fitting and the one they have given has an identical number but then an 'M' at the end the old one is 06A 906 461E
i've now got an incresed boost reading on my boost guage and now the exhaust pops alot more, it was last replaced at 80k it has since covered 27k on that MAF and now feels like a different car!
looked the old maf up on vagcat and seems to be for a AUL engine?
have i got the right part number on now?

Just checked on ETKA and the 'M' is for AMK and BAM engines.
Whats your engine code?

On a side - did you exchange or buy the new MAF and what was the cost. Also the code 06A 906 461E where did you find that? Looking to get mine sorted.

i always thought if there was a letter at the end of the part number it meant it was a modified or uprated part therefore you now have the latest (i guess) version of the MAF for your particular engine

shineydave said:
i always thought if there was a letter at the end of the part number it meant it was a modified or uprated part therefore you now have the latest (i guess) version of the MAF for your particular engine

Not always, it is true that usually the last letter is just a supersession but not in this case. Both part numbers are available from warehouse which means its not a revised part.

the number was written on the side of it.
cost me £50 none exchange, a flea bay buy brand new in audi wrapper! never ever opened.
looking at buying N75J valve next! just see what it does!

fitted my N75J valve on monday i'm now boosting and 22psi peak and sitting at 20psi got a bit of a kick to it now!
not going into limp mode either no fault codes or nothing!

Would you happen to have a link you could send us for that Ebay seller? The MAF fairies seem to have stole my boost. :(

sitrials said:
fitted my N75J valve on monday i'm now boosting and 22psi peak and sitting at 20psi got a bit of a kick to it now!
not going into limp mode either no fault codes or nothing!

22psi!!!!!

It's gonna destroy itself soon as those boost levels. 1.5bar is pretty much the very top end you want to be pushing through the S3. I've seen posts of engines blowing up with less boost.

jesters3 said:
On a side - did you exchange or buy the new MAF and what was the cost. Also the code 06A 906 461E where did you find that? Looking to get mine sorted.

Well I tried to save money on Fleabay and got nothing but a cheap MAF which didn't improve the running of the car at all. So I went straight to my local Bosch supplier and got a genuine Bosch part, which worked perfectly!! :)

Be aware!