creeky dash.. Augh!

AudiSport

Reaction score
dash.jpg

Hi guys, I have a really creeky dash in my new 2001 A3. The noise is stopped by pushing the top left corner of the main stereo insert section just below the cup holder.. (see image).

Where should I start at fixing this... Please keep it symple to go with my mechanical abbility@!

Cheers!

HUmm, not really sure which screws you should look at, but I had a similar problem with the bottom panels of the dash for both driver side and passenger side creeky, so I just tightened the screw from the bottom. Take a look around where the noise is coming from and see if you can tighten them (as they may have come loose over the years) you shouldn't even have to tighten that much but it seems to do the trick.

It was the bottom left of that panel that was creeky for me. The wife fixed it by wedging a small peice of hard black foam down the side of the panel and underneath (near where your passenger knee would be).

sometimes screws are removed when people are changing stereos fitting amps subs etc and want to properly hide the cable, then the screws are sometimes not put back or tightened properly.

try some silicon spray, will make the squeak silent

silicon spray... Really?

I'm kinda hoping for a long term fix.. How do I remove the offending panel to have a look at fixing the sqweek.. Please see my other post - I also need to have a look behind the stereo to get to the bottom of my buzzing engine noise coming through my speakers when I rev the car......

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43941

AudiSport said:
silicon spray... Really?

I'm kinda hoping for a long term fix.. How do I remove the offending panel to have a look at fixing the sqweek.. Please see my other post - I also need to have a look behind the stereo to get to the bottom of my buzzing engine noise coming through my speakers when I rev the car......

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43941

You find silicon to be a fairly long term fix, if you do try it...just be careful to use it only where its required....****** to get off any kinda surface