JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

creeky dash.. Augh!

Hi guys, I have a really creeky dash in my new 2001 A3. The noise is stopped by pushing the top left corner of the main stereo insert section just below the cup holder.. (see image).

Where should I start at fixing this... Please keep it symple to go with my mechanical abbility@!

Cheers!
    Last edited by AudiSport; 29th August 2007 at 20:36.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    HUmm, not really sure which screws you should look at, but I had a similar problem with the bottom panels of the dash for both driver side and passenger side creeky, so I just tightened the screw from the bottom. Take a look around where the noise is coming from and see if you can tighten them (as they may have come loose over the years) you shouldn't even have to tighten that much but it seems to do the trick.
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

1st Gear

Status
    It was the bottom left of that panel that was creeky for me. The wife fixed it by wedging a small peice of hard black foam down the side of the panel and underneath (near where your passenger knee would be).

1st Gear

Status
    sometimes screws are removed when people are changing stereos fitting amps subs etc and want to properly hide the cable, then the screws are sometimes not put back or tightened properly.

2nd Gear

Status
    try some silicon spray, will make the squeak silent
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!

snowed under

Status
    Turn your stereo up a bit
    Sorry only kidding.

2nd Gear

Status
    silicon spray... Really?

I'm kinda hoping for a long term fix.. How do I remove the offending panel to have a look at fixing the sqweek.. Please see my other post - I also need to have a look behind the stereo to get to the bottom of my buzzing engine noise coming through my speakers when I rev the car......

blown speakers

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSport
    silicon spray... Really?

I'm kinda hoping for a long term fix.. How do I remove the offending panel to have a look at fixing the sqweek.. Please see my other post - I also need to have a look behind the stereo to get to the bottom of my buzzing engine noise coming through my speakers when I rev the car......

blown speakers
    You find silicon to be a fairly long term fix, if you do try it...just be careful to use it only where its required....bugger to get off any kinda surface
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!