Blueflame exhausts.

joshW

Reaction score
I have been looking for a milltek resonated system for my A3 1.8T 2nd as im on a tight budget ATM, but am struggling to find one. i have just seen a blueflame for a pretty reasonable price, it also has a centre silencer.

I was just wondering how these compare to the milltek both in quality and sound(i dont want anything too loud as i do a lot of mileage and it would do my head in.

cheers,
josh

I had a blueflame on my golf 1.8t and it was easy as good as a milltek but loads cheaper.

james0808 said:
I had a blueflame on my golf 1.8t and it was easy as good as a milltek but loads cheaper.

Did you have the centre silencer? and how do you think it compared sound wise to the milltek?

josh

joshW said:
Did you have the centre silencer? and how do you think it compared sound wise to the milltek?

josh
Yes i did.
My mate had a milltek on his golf and it was a bit louder than mine,not much though.

The milltek was louder? did he have a centre silencer?

josh

Yes he did.It was only slightly louder,i prefered the sound of the blueflame.

hmmm, i was always under the impression the blueflame was louder. maybe ill go for the blueflame.
Does it drone much on the motorway,for example siting at 70-80?

sorry for all the qu's.

josh

i had the miltec before and it sounded very nice, but the blue flame did have the silencer and still sounded bad, it was a power thing though if you going to put more power through it you need a less restricted one.

i had one on my lcr , sounded good , and made a big difference , definately one of the best exhaust makers out there IMO

The millteks have alot of poor fitting issues on the A3/golf platform.

Thats what I've gathered from the members who have had this brand of exhaust fitted as well

i had miltek , a lot dearer than blue flame , but i wasnt very happy with it , didn't notice any difference , and the exhaust was quieter than the standard , blue flam all the way

We have a blueflame full system fitted on our IS200, the sound is not loud,just a nice burble, makes the straight six sound sweet.
No resonance at motorway speeds either.
Fitted perfectly with no knocks or rattles.

how much are the blueflame comming in at for a cat back??

Got a blue flame DP and sports hi-flow cat with milltek cat-back. I love it, my ohter half complains when I give it some, but it just gets louder until I can't hear her!! Lol

I'd recommend it, and it's nice below 2.5k. Not much louder than standard.

had ablue flame on my ibiza cupra. was the best fitting and built exhaust i've had. Sound was like a deeper version of standard on idle with a lovely burble from it. on full chat it sounded fantastic, but most importantly to me at motorway cruising speeds was no louder than standard.

I'd highly reccomend them. heres some pics of my ibiza one before i got it fitted

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

Look how well the fitment was, without any adjustments at all.

DSC001435.jpg

Wicked! well im just waiting to hear back from them now that the one ive got my eye on has the centre silencer and then if so it mine!

BTW its £265 delivered which i cant really argue with as i nearly paid over that for a 2nd hand milltek last week!

josh