n75 j valve...where can i buy one???

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
had my car re-mapped by jabba and after having a dodgey air maf fittted and taking another trip there to get it changed i am now looking into buying an n75 j valve.

rang around a few places and no where seems to of heard of the part??? even audi dont have a clue but thats dealers for ya.

so ime asking anyone thats fitted one or knows where i can get hold of one if they could let me know???

either from the internet or a audi part number would be great....thts if it wont cost to much from a stealer??

thanks

its the boost regulating valve located near the DV, its a funny shaped thing, the J version when fitted in reverse (or the more aggresive H version) can provide usually between 3-5 psi extra over the rev range, but also throws the car into limp mode sometimes, but theres an overboost kit available that stops limp mode from the US

someone posted up the part number a few threads ago have a looksee

Try vagparts.com and search for N75J. About £40 I seem to remember. Had one of these on my S3 and worked nicely with no problems.

well whats the overall difference between a n74j and n74h???

and whats this limp mode all about as it doesnt sound healthy for the car???

im interested in this overboost kit, can u get them online and how much?

Jonesy I think you want a Manual Boost Controller, have a gander on ebay.

well a friend of mine has got a boost controller i can have but the only problem is it just has the knob to controll the boost but what will i do with the electrical plug that comes from the standard n75????

Check this thread out, all th info is here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=4578

Beware though can and will throw the car into limp mode and only way to get it out is disconnecting the battery or clearing it via vag com.

I had one on my 8L S3 and was ok for a few days then continually threw it into limp mode all the time so it had to go.

If you have a remapped car then the chances of limp mode are much more than a standard car.

Craigybaby37_A3quattro said:
had my car re-mapped by jabba and after having a dodgey air maf fittted and taking another trip there to get it changed i am now looking into buying an n75 j valve.

rang around a few places and no where seems to of heard of the part??? even audi dont have a clue but thats dealers for ya.

so ime asking anyone thats fitted one or knows where i can get hold of one if they could let me know???

either from the internet or a audi part number would be great....thts if it wont cost to much from a stealer??

thanks
I’m not surprised the parts man didn’t know what an N75 J was, as they only talk in part numbers. Try again, but this time ask for an 034 906 283 J. It’s a solenoid valve originally used on 3B and RR engines.