Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

n75 j valve...where can i buy one???

had my car re-mapped by jabba and after having a dodgey air maf fittted and taking another trip there to get it changed i am now looking into buying an n75 j valve.

rang around a few places and no where seems to of heard of the part??? even audi dont have a clue but thats dealers for ya.

so ime asking anyone thats fitted one or knows where i can get hold of one if they could let me know???

either from the internet or a audi part number would be great....thts if it wont cost to much from a stealer??

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAG HUNTER

Status
    what is a n75 j
    A4 TDI S-LINE

All Torque

Status
    its the boost regulating valve located near the DV, its a funny shaped thing, the J version when fitted in reverse (or the more aggresive H version) can provide usually between 3-5 psi extra over the rev range, but also throws the car into limp mode sometimes, but theres an overboost kit available that stops limp mode from the US

someone posted up the part number a few threads ago have a looksee
    2000 A3 T Sport Quattro
    Absolut Red
    225 Bhp Remap

1st Gear

Status
    Try vagparts.com and search for N75J. About 40 I seem to remember. Had one of these on my S3 and worked nicely with no problems.

***** rent boy

Status
    I have an N75H if you're interested?

1st Gear

Status
    well whats the overall difference between a n74j and n74h???

and whats this limp mode all about as it doesnt sound healthy for the car???

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    £43.83 inc VAT from vagparts.com

3rd Gear

Status
    im interested in this overboost kit, can u get them online and how much?
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

***** rent boy

Status
    Jonesy I think you want a Manual Boost Controller, have a gander on ebay.

1st Gear

Status
    well a friend of mine has got a boost controller i can have but the only problem is it just has the knob to controll the boost but what will i do with the electrical plug that comes from the standard n75????

6th Gear

Status
    Check this thread out, all th info is here:

Star Performance Testing Day Pt4 N75s

Beware though can and will throw the car into limp mode and only way to get it out is disconnecting the battery or clearing it via vag com.

I had one on my 8L S3 and was ok for a few days then continually threw it into limp mode all the time so it had to go.

If you have a remapped car then the chances of limp mode are much more than a standard car.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Stick to stock n75's as said you will just get a boost spike,standard is smoother,i did logs to compare.Also if you are getting extra free boost ,do you get increased fuelling to suit,probably not.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigybaby37_A3quattro
    had my car re-mapped by jabba and after having a dodgey air maf fittted and taking another trip there to get it changed i am now looking into buying an n75 j valve.

rang around a few places and no where seems to of heard of the part??? even audi dont have a clue but thats dealers for ya.

so ime asking anyone thats fitted one or knows where i can get hold of one if they could let me know???

either from the internet or a audi part number would be great....thts if it wont cost to much from a stealer??

thanks
    Im not surprised the parts man didnt know what an N75 J was, as they only talk in part numbers. Try again, but this time ask for an 034 906 283 J. Its a solenoid valve originally used on 3B and RR engines.

VAG HUNTER

Status
    A4 TDI S-LINE