N75 Valve

Quattro_Lew

All Torque
Reaction score
just been on ukmkivs and found a thread about the N75's, my question is who on here has changed their standard C valve and can you tell me your experiences, from what ive read the H version works well with the AGU engines, my TQ is AJQ (i think), i dont want to run off and buy a H version and it throw my car into limp mode, then theres also the J and F versions, if worst came to worst and i bought the H and went into limp mode is it a case of shoving the standard C back on and itl revert back to normal?

do they really make that much of a difference? the lad with the golf said it was like having his car mapped again

I have a H valve which I never got round to fitting as my engine has gone kaput, but apparently they provide an extra 5-10 bhp and 20lbs of torque if fitted in the reverse.

If you do put a H valve in and the car goes into limp mode then reverting back to the C valve will rectify the problem, you won't have any adverse long term affects. The best way to the valve and if goes to limp mode is to get to 2500 RPM in 2nd and floor it.

It's worth a try really, as the part is not that expensive and it can be sold on easily as this part is always in demand.

golf said:
I have a H valve which I never got round to fitting as my engine has gone kaput, but apparently they provide an extra 5-10 bhp and 20lbs of torque if fitted in the reverse.

If you do put a H valve in and the car goes into limp mode then reverting back to the C valve will rectify the problem, you won't have any adverse long term affects. The best way to the valve and if goes to limp mode is to get to 2500 RPM in 2nd and floor it.

It's worth a try really, as the part is not that expensive and it can be sold on easily as this part is always in demand.

dont fancy selling it do you? :)

Quattro_Lew said:
dont fancy selling it do you? :)

Well it is of no real use to me at the moment, so it is up for sale I suppose. It cost me £37 and I imported it from the States along with a few other bits and pieces which I will have to sell to fund a new engine.