Fan

JLA

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday after only a short trip that the radiator fan was on after I turned off the engine, the engine temp was in the normal place so I didnt think too much of it with the weather being hot. When I got to work this morning it was on again, even after the 20 mile drive at 50+ mph. Then before I left work I thought Id check the water level, which was fine. When I started the engine the fan came on straight away even tho the engine was cold.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

temp sensor? a few threads about this same problem.

Do a search? :icon_thumright:

I tried that but couldnt find an answer

isnt the fan over-running normal?

The second fan will always come on with the climate control.

Both fans come on, I just went and checked it. With the AC off and the ignition on the fans come on, then I start the engine and they remain on. When I turn the engine off the fans slow down a bit as if they are about to stop, the pick up speed again and carry on spinning.
Where is the temp switch located? (if that is the problem)

Hi there,

I've just joined this forum and bought my first Audi A3. It's a 2003 Audi A3 1.6 ... no bells or whistles but it's a great little car. Trouble is ... the fan/s seem to run for a good 5 minutes after the car has been switched off. I started the car up for 5 minutes this morning and switched it off again to see what would happen and there were the fan/s again!!!

I'm also getting a yellow light on the display ( Think it's the ESP signal ) Should it appear when I'm driving the car?

Noobie needs some guidance :sadlike: