Black Diamond Disc's + Ferodo DS2500's

jm-baker

Reaction score
Hi,

Just had my car serviced, and i need new disc's and pad's all round.

I was aware they were getting low so began to look into it a bit before now.

I am planning on getting it revo'd in the next few weeks, after i have had the cambelt done, and a rear wheel bearing.

I think after researching on here that i will go for standard rear pads + disc's, quoted £105+vat from audi. (can i get the identical one's they use elsewhere?)

Then balck diamond combi disc's up front, with Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Where is the best place to get the Ferodo's and Black Diamonds from? based on price!!!

And do you guys think this setup will be adequate for fast road + possible odd track day.

I did consider putting the black diamond combi's on the rear too, but i feel they are a bit small and may look a bit "Silly" ??

Your advice and view's are much appreciated!!

James

Listers Audi in Coventry quoted me about 240 for pads and discs fitted!!!!

standard brakes were okay for me when I did the trackday but needed new discs and pads allround after

DS2500 are excellent pads if you plan to track day. They can lack a bit of bite at first but are great when warmed up. I wouldn't run anything else on my cars. Give Bill at Badger5 a shout - www.badger5.co.uk

I found jabbasport cheaper than Bill for the pads, approx £130, and the discs are £110 from Venom Motorsport..

Interesting thread, ive been using standard discs and Green Stuff pads, same as with Green stuff, no good on first touch, but much more bite over standard when they're warmed up. These Black diamond discs, are they the best option bar a full disc/caliper upgrade?
Not wanting to highjack the thread by i get some vibration through the wheel under heavy braking, always like to be the last of the late brakers, well we all do, have i ****** my discs?

also- DO NOT, on pain of death, get the combi disc...... the holes are drilled in after casting, and they WILL crack.

just get the grooved discs, theyre much safer, and just as good.

i drove daves A3 with black diamond discs and ds2500s tonight the brakes were LOVELY.

OK cheers, guess il go for the slotted discs.

Would anyone recommend putting them on the rear too?

Anyone have a pic of them on the rear? as im not sure how they will look.

Cheers

James

sitrials said:
EBC red pads all round

Might as well fold up some kellogs packets nice and tight and use those instead, will be better than EBC reds....

Dave_Bayern said:
Might as well fold up some kellogs packets nice and tight and use those instead, will be better than EBC reds....
I agree. I don't think I'd ever use EBC pads again. My experience of their yellows, 'specially designed for track days' were that they were over-priced rubbish!

Dave_Bayern said:

I used EBC Reds for a while but not on a track day i admit, on heavy road use i still experienced fade but nowhere near standard, i wouldn't rubbish them, but then again i have no track experience with them. So DS2500's are that much better? Do they suffer fade at all?

Well, personally i have NEVER experienced fade with that setup, using Motul RBF 600 fluid.

Im about to go ahead and buy these disc's and pads - Black Diamond Grooved front + rear, and Ferodo DS2500's up front, with standard pads on the rear.

The only final question i have for anyone who has these pads, or has had the opportunity to use them is.....

Do the make much noise, as in squealing?

Cheers

I've used them on my Ibiza and will be buying a set for the S3 in due course. No strange noises from them on the Ibiza. Go ahead and make the order.

What do people think of the Mintex disc and pads set for the rears?? £55 on E-bay for the lot??? :think:

Ive got the mintex box set on mine and they are pretty good compared to the standard audi ones, obviously not up to the ferodo ds's