cam belt question

trousers

Reaction score
hi

i have been looking at an s3( on here in classifieds actually) with 49K on the clock, i dont think the cam belt has been done, i know they dont need to be done till 80k but is there any time limit to cambelts as it is V reg

cheers Rob

If you do a search you will see lots of info on changing the cambelt. Think this topic was discussed last week and the week before and the week before that!

cheers i will have a look, sorry for going over covered ground, am new at this forum lark

cheers rob

i have had a look and cant seem to find any info on cambelt life, does anyone know or can anyone point me in the right direction

cheers rob

trousers said:
i have had a look and cant seem to find any info on cambelt life, does anyone know or can anyone point me in the right direction

cheers rob

Call an audi dealer and see what they say.

have spoke to audi they say should be checked after approx 5 years, cheers for all replies

rob

trousers said:
have spoke to audi they say should be checked after approx 5 years, cheers for all replies

rob

Checked or replaced? Mine recommended that it be replaced after 4 years or 40k, whichever was sooner. I ended up replacing it after 5 years (at 40k).

No idea how they check it without removing it as it's the tensioner and/or the water pump that'll be more likely to fail and strip it. Audi are really full of **** when it comes to cambelts.

I would go for 80k or 4 years whatever comes first. If the cars a V 99 WELL OVERDUE providing it has not already been changed.