whistle from passenger side

potter

Reaction score
Just been out for a quick blast in the s3 only been the 6 miles to work and back latley, so went for a drive to get it nicely warmed and and give it a good thrashing got to say it was flying along and i was loving it. anyway dont normally go much over 80mph day to day but lets just say i was going a little faster and there was a loud whistle coming from the passenger side thought it might be the wing mirror has anyway else experienced this at all.

p.s. followed a car transporter full of beemers and there was 3 brand new m3s on it (414bhp v8) what i would do for one of them, got to say didnt stand out like the e46 does though.

I had a whistle but it came from the bottomw of the screen and it ended up being the plastic scuttle under the wipers.... not sure if this helps?

i get a whistle inside mine when i turn the air con totally off and go above 80, the force of the air comming in gets around the flaps somewhere and whistles! i thought it was door seals for ages

May sound daft but have you checked the window is fully up?! I had a whistling above about 50mph a while ago, turned out the window was down by 0.5mm hence the whistle at speed. It was quite loud, like someone blowing a whistle.

1st thing i checked was windows. did u stop the noise from scuttle under wipers or is this just wot they do. cheers for the advise