Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

What diagnostics do you use and how?

i used VAG-COM on my golfs with a laptop, but always seemed to be a pain in the ass dragging the laptop out and into the car (maybe im being lazy) plus i gave the cable away with the last car.
    so i ve got my eye on one of these PDA's - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180151198645 but it seems VAG-COM dosn't make a Pocket PC version, emailed the seller who says use "vagcheck" but ive not heard of it

would be nice, even just for portability to have the pda under the seat with a car charger incase i get caught short on the m5
    if anyone actually uses Vag-check and could say anything about it then would be appreciated but id still like to know if the majority are using vag com - then i can convice myself to stop being a git

2. # ADS
    ADS

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    I use VAG-COM.

PDA's dont have active USB do they? So I dont see how it could be used with the cable??
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

Reverse Gear

Status
    no thats the thing dave - i want to use a pda for convienience & size, but no vag-com for it, only vag check, which has the pda cable, so ive been told

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    I'd just use a laptop and VAG-com at least you know what you're getting and it works.

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTibbs
    i used VAG-COM on my golfs with a laptop, but always seemed to be a pain in the ass dragging the laptop out and into the car (maybe im being lazy) plus i gave the cable away with the last car.
    so i ve got my eye on one of these PDA's - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180151198645 but it seems VAG-COM dosn't make a Pocket PC version, emailed the seller who says use "vagcheck" but ive not heard of it

would be nice, even just for portability to have the pda under the seat with a car charger incase i get caught short on the m5
    if anyone actually uses Vag-check and could say anything about it then would be appreciated but id still like to know if the majority are using vag com - then i can convice myself to stop being a git
    My mate has it and he reacons its quite good and he also has full vagcom on his laptop too.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO MAP ,STATIS CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i think im going to give it a go - i played around with my mates pda last nite with tom toms - so if vagcheck is any good then its a bargain diag + navigation in something that'll fit in the glovebox! Worst come to worst i buy a new vag com cable!!

cheers all