What diagnostics do you use and how?

TerryTibbs

Reaction score
i used VAG-COM on my golfs with a laptop, but always seemed to be a pain in the *** dragging the laptop out and into the car (maybe im being lazy) plus i gave the cable away with the last car.
so i ve got my eye on one of these PDA's - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180151198645 but it seems VAG-COM dosn't make a Pocket PC version, emailed the seller who says use "vagcheck" but ive not heard of it :(

would be nice, even just for portability to have the pda under the seat with a car charger incase i get caught short on the m5
if anyone actually uses Vag-check and could say anything about it then would be appreciated but id still like to know if the majority are using vag com - then i can convice myself to stop being a git :icon_thumright:

I use VAG-COM.

PDA's dont have active USB do they? So I dont see how it could be used with the cable??

no thats the thing dave - i want to use a pda for convienience & size, but no vag-com for it, only vag check, which has the pda cable, so ive been told

TerryTibbs said:
i used VAG-COM on my golfs with a laptop, but always seemed to be a pain in the *** dragging the laptop out and into the car (maybe im being lazy) plus i gave the cable away with the last car.
so i ve got my eye on one of these PDA's - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180151198645 but it seems VAG-COM dosn't make a Pocket PC version, emailed the seller who says use "vagcheck" but ive not heard of it :(

would be nice, even just for portability to have the pda under the seat with a car charger incase i get caught short on the m5
if anyone actually uses Vag-check and could say anything about it then would be appreciated but id still like to know if the majority are using vag com - then i can convice myself to stop being a git :icon_thumright:
My mate has it and he reacons its quite good and he also has full vagcom on his laptop too.

i think im going to give it a go - i played around with my mates pda last nite with tom toms - so if vagcheck is any good then its a bargain diag + navigation in something that'll fit in the glovebox! Worst come to worst i buy a new vag com cable!!

cheers all