new to forum

ravaling

Reaction score
hi guys currently have a 220 bhp corrado 1 .8 t soon to be sold to buy an s3. any pointer,s or advice for a the new boy, looking for ming blue one with low miles and as many extras as poss budget of about 8,500 - 9,000 cheers

welcome mate!

look for one with full history if possible. Usual HPI checks etc.

a car with proof of recent cambelt change is good as it should get done by 80K or 4yrs. High milege ones are ok if they have been looked after well.
If possible plug in VAG.com to check all sensors and faults as well etc.

Take your time to find one as theres alot out there, so you should find the spec you want.
I looked at 4 before buying mine.

problems i've had with mine - front arb and bushes worn, dash compartment lid not closing, front brake pad cable breaking very early, driver door sensor faulty, front door slightly dropping, rear wash jet leaking.
All minor things that can be easily sorted at little or no cost, just your time.

Good luck!!!!!

I agree, keep it!

Or get somethin completely different

Well Welcome too! :)

Low mileage? For 9k

A friend just bought a S3 with 34K on the clock, on 53 plate from a dealer for £15k

I hope that gives you an idea, good luck hunting!

Remember black is faster! ;)

mate if you want an s3 get one,i love mine and wouldnt swap it for a rado all though i like them,s3 build quality is awesome and the speed is there too,go for it:respekt:

ravaling said:
why will i regret selling the rado then

because in standard form, the S3 doesnt handle well at all, and wont be nearly as quick as a 220bhp 1.8T raddo.....

that said, witha bit of work, its an awesome car, and such a lovely place to be!

Prawn said:
because in standard form, the S3 doesnt handle well at all, and wont be nearly as quick as a 220bhp 1.8T raddo.....

that said, witha bit of work, its an awesome car, and such a lovely place to be!
to be honest i,m not to bothered about the power side of it, i just want some creature comforts, as much as i love the rado with 1.8t in it , i just find myself disliking the interiorer more and more as i,m quite fussy