My latest mod

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
Well finally got round to putting my standard tape headunit back and installed my Dension link. Very easy to do, but had to cut the corner off the headunit to get the wire through.

Well worth mod. The only problem using the link is that I cannot use the IPOD whilst in the cradle. Due to the capabilities of the headunit I can change tracks but cannot skip albums (this could be down to the user)

Well I'm impressed and it looks a hell of a lot better than the Sony after market head unit in the dash.

2007_08180003.jpg

2007_08180004.jpg

2007_08180005.jpg

Aky said:
Well finally got round to putting my standard tape headunit back and installed my Dension link. Very easy to do, but had to cut the corner off the headunit to get the wire through.

Well worth mod. The only problem using the link is that I cannot use the IPOD whilst in the cradle. Due to the capabilities of the headunit I can change tracks but cannot skip albums (this could be down to the user)

Nice one AKY. Did you not find that the mounting bracket was very tight against the dash? (well assuming you used a 'dashmount' one).

Also you can use the IPOD interface if you wish. Well at least I can. When you first installed it did you get any alternator whine?

Cheers :D

the dension interfaced is soo cool and easy to use

you need to label your playlists as CD01. CD02, CD03 etc....

I keep mine in the glovebox...neater :D

recomdos said:
Nice one AKY. Did you not find that the mounting bracket was very tight against the dash? (well assuming you used a 'dashmount' one).

Also you can use the IPOD interface if you wish. Well at least I can. When you first installed it did you get any alternator whine?

Cheers :D

How do you use the interface? I can't get it to work. No alternator whine. There is an earthing wire on the link. I Just wrapped it round the outer casing of the headunit and problem solved.

abdus said:
the dension interfaced is soo cool and easy to use

you need to label your playlists as CD01. CD02, CD03 etc....

I keep mine in the glovebox...neater :D

Good call - so play list as CD01 and put upto 99 tracks in that and the CD02 - thanks for the tip. I'll try it later on

To use the iPod interface, go through the menu (when plugged into the dension lead) by pressing the >> (fast forward) and look for the Access iPod option (I think it's above Playlists), then press the >> again.

I think it then instructs you to remove the ipod from the dock. The normal ipod interface should return. Wait for a period of 10seconds then bung it back into the cradle and voila it should be open for use.

It's been a while since I did it, but it deffo worked for me. Much better than having to setup playlists. Usually I just set mine to shuffle anyway.

See if it works for you, if not I'll try and find out how to do it again.

As for the earthing wire, I also did the same, though got alternator whine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Recomdos I'll give that a try! Although I don't think I can use the IPOD at all when in the cradle

Aky said:
Cheers Recomdos I'll give that a try! Although I don't think I can use the IPOD at all when in the cradle

I can use mine whilst in the cradle - so hopefully you can too. Sometimes it will lose it's setting and you will need to go through the process again.

Don't let it distract you too much whilst driving. At first I found I was always fiddling with it. :asskicking: Then I just stuck it onto shuffle and I just skip tracks I don't want to listen to with the >> and << on the headunit.

Keep us posted if it works etc.

Mine still doesn't work so maybe Dension have changed their settings. Which Ipod have you got? Mine is Nano so maybe the problem is there. I tried what you suggested above but still no joy. Its annoying!!!
I'll try again in the morning on way to work.

hmmm - don't think it should make any differences. I have a 30GB ipod (non video). I will have a look around as my destructions there are probably wrong (I was trying to do it from memory) lol.

will keep ya posted.

rob :)

recomdos said:
hmmm - don't think it should make any differences. I have a 30GB ipod (non video). I will have a look around as my destructions there are probably wrong (I was trying to do it from memory) lol.

will keep ya posted.

rob :)

Thought I better read the instuctions on their website this morning. Supposidly to enter the menu I need to be on disc6 on the changer then I can navigate using the >< buttons on the headunit.

Thanks for the advice - thought it was the user that had the problem!!

danotto said:
i think you need a bigger ipod mate the holder is too big.lol:jump:

Yeah they sent me the wrong cradle - its just a fascia that fits inside it so need to get it changed - but you are right. I thought 4gb would be enough until i found i had 11gb on my pc - gutted!