Armrest fitting.. help!

Clach

A3 - 1.8Ts
Reaction score
:faint: I finally sourced a leather armrest for my a3 at a breakers (£20). At present my car has no armrest..so a wee bit of cutting is in order!

I am not the most mechanically minded, but would like to give the job a try myself..now I have read through several of the links, and it seems I need a template, a bolt, something to secure the bolt to, and a fine selection of tools to do the job - but one thing is confusing me; how exactly does it fix?!

Any pointers.pics would be great, and a copy of the template would be even better? Is it easyish...??

Thanks,

Clach

That is the hope! I am assuning that i just need to cut away the rectangle peice that is, at the moment, covered by a little plastic mat!?

Thanks mate,

looks good..where did you get these diagrams from, excellent!

Craig:thumbsup:

Received the armrest today from the breakers and it is missing the bottom and rear plastic trim and one or two bolts..also, some scuffs on the leather which someone with a bit more patience could probably manage to buff out...

The trim i can handle, but the scuffmarks I would have a hard time with given the excellent state of the leather seats..

Anyway huge dissapointment, thanks for everyone's help I suppose I will need to splash out £150 odds for the part on Vagparts or go to the dealer..

The above armrest is available for a minimal price and posting costs, as I am sure someone will want it for the bracket , etc., alone? Pictures can be supplied, and part will be on classifieds soon.

Craig :thumbsup:

I have an Auto., and do mostly motorway driving...otherwise I would not have bothered...:o.k: