Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

clutch not coming back up???

driving back from work and pressed the clutch down and heard a crack/click noise and it just stayed down and never came back up.

there's little bits of plastic on the mat and the rac guy who towed me said it might be the ratchet in the pedal which the cable goes into......

Any ideas anyone and also does anyone know of a good garage local to hendon/colindale NW9, nw london. As the car does no longer drive and i need to tow it to a place locally withotu being ripped of.
    S3 210bhp, facelift, black, 18" RS4's, heated electric leather recaro's, light tints, arm rest, electric sunroof.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    when this happened to me it was the master cylinder, fortunately one of my many thinks sorted under warrenty
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!

1st Gear

Status
    so your saying that your clutch pedal stayed down and didn't come back up.....and that was the outcome?
    S3 210bhp, facelift, black, 18" RS4's, heated electric leather recaro's, light tints, arm rest, electric sunroof.

1st Gear

Status
    sounds like the pedals box sections broken at the top so you will need a pedal and plastic clips. common fault

1st Gear

Status
    thanks mate...thats what i though and thats what i was hoping it was......

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick S3
    so your saying that your clutch pedal stayed down and didn't come back up.....and that was the outcome?
    hopefully its the lesser of the evils.... with mine when depressed fully it only returned by about 50%, you could pull it up with your toe, but would always return the 50% position when depressed.

Master cyclinder replaced, all working fine there after.

Good luck
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!

1st Gear

Status
    found out what the problem was after taking the bottom of the dash out....the metal bit on the pedal snapped causing the plastic stop to fragment....so went and got a new pedal and plastics bits....only cost me bout £25 and now the painstaking job of fitting in the awkward dam thing!

2nd Gear

Status
    an easy/cheap fix...almost un-heard of on an Audi

1st Gear

Status
    audi ones are not that bad to do , golfs are harder

1st Gear

Status
    Same thing happened to me on the M1 last Friday. Little metal backing piece on the clutch pedal snapped.

Spooky.

Drove the car home at 11.30pm without stopping shifting to neutral before trying to match engine revs to change gear without the clutch. Got home fine.

Got my new pedal via Aylesbury Audi, from the VW dealer next door, £22.10 all in.

Now all ok