Milltek question

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
If i buy the cat back system for my A3, can i get the cat at a later date? Just want to know if the cat back system is the same regardless of if your using the sports cat or standard cat.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
If i buy the cat back system for my A3, can i get the cat at a later date? Just want to know if the cat back system is the same regardless of if your using the sports cat or standard cat.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of thought a full system would have a larger diameter bore size over that of the cat back system to get increased flow, but maybe I'm wrong... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of thought a full system would have a larger diameter bore size over that of the cat back system to get increased flow, but maybe I'm wrong... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just spoke with AmD and they said u can add it later! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

£600odd is abit of a blow in one go.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
matt said:
yeah you can buy it at a later date - or so AMD told me when i got my cat back system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt,

Does it go under the bumper or through?

Cheers

Rich

Was thinking about an under the bumper version for myself, nice and subtle with a sweet sound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Was thinking about an under the bumper version for myself, nice and subtle with a sweet sound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... bit too sublte for my liking! (apart from the sound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Its a shame the exhausts didnt stick out in the first place like the A4 1.8T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ****** Audi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... bit too sublte for my liking! (apart from the sound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Its a shame the exhausts didnt stick out in the first place like the A4 1.8T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ****** Audi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's the other option I'm considering is to have twin exhasust as per the new A4 and R32, but i do like my car looking like every other 1.6 but blowing most cars away here.

Nice! A Miltek cat back exhaust system for the A3. Built to your car! You jammy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Post some pics when you get it done

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
i dont like my powerflow sitting below the bumper, it looks terrible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif would prefer it to be cut into the bumper and raised up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well im happy!

Spoke to milltek about the cat, and they just happen to be developing a new system for the A3... SO my car is going nito milltek on the 24th to have a full cat back system made as a master system hich means i get a NICE discount off of the system /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It will sit below the bumper but is twin pipes so isnt too bad. would prefer through bumper but for the price im getting it for (not saying cos im not sure im supposed to) i dont really care!

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a result. Discounts are always good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif Look forward to seeing it at the pod mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
FatLad said:

Result - nice yet subtle increase to exhaust note and definate feeling of better breathing and more power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah-ha!
A definate FEELING of more power. Have you dyno'd it to see?

I have a Milltek cat on my Mk3 Golf GTI 16v...actually a Corrado VR6 Sports Cat...and a set of Milltek Cats on my S3.

Both make the cars sound a bit deeper, both do seem to make the car a little peppier to drive...but unfortunately neither actually gave anything by way of power gains. Nothing. Nowt. Nadda.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

In saying that...I still think it's a nice upgrade...almost the same sensation as when you lighten the flywheel...but unfortunately on my 2 cars, and all the others I have seen, there were no power gains to be had.
I still like it as an upgrade, and would do the same again.

The A3 T may be different, of course.

Just one question on exhausts I have a Milltek cat back on my S3 and was considering changing the downpipe and the cat. Has anybody changed their downpipe and is it worth while? I spoke to RSD and they do a downpipe not sure on the bore size though.Im sure its stainless steel, well at the price it should be.