New Brake Pads???

jbkudos

Reaction score
Hi brake pad warning light came on this morning!! Wheres the best place to get them from or fitted? Not too worried about fancy ones(pads) any recommendations for replacements?

cheers mate

is it worth going for more expensive ones I don't drive it hard?

go for bog standard Textar or Jurid if you just drive it normally. Generally around £30 a pair I think...

cheers mate Im not sure if its front or rear can you tell by looking? Sorry I'm not very technical?!?

Go to a local independant garage then, if you don't know where to start looking, why trust yourself with something that done wrong, results in death. Probably your death....

when the light comes on you still have a lot of meat left on the pad so dont panic. Also have a quick look at them yourself as the wire may have just broken.

Pad indicators are only on front... if your light is on its the front nearside, and you have got a good 5k left - so no immediate panic

yer my warning lights been on for the last 12k but it was just the wire thats broken.
i keep checking the pads which are still ok.

cheers

I may well check the wire as the guy I brought it from said he had them done not too long ago and the mate (mechanic) I took confirmed this!! is it a common fault?

Its the warning symbol on the little orange screen on the dash yeah?

if the pads are fine then you can just short the cables together to turn off the warning light.
ive not got round to it yet but will probably change pads soon anyway