New Car

mikel_86

Reaction score
I'm sad to say the A3 1.8T Sport is going. Nothing wrong with it but I wanted something a bit newer / quicker and couldn't afford the insurance for an S3, so I had to go for something non-Audi. Am picking up my Mini Cooper S at the end of the week. I don't expect there to be a lot of love for it here, but just wondered what you guys here think of the Cooper S.

Good choice, great little cars. I was seriously considering one instead of my S3, sometimes I wish I got one they are great to drive and I love the looks etc. Enjoy it mate, get some pics up when you have it, whats the spec, colour etc?

good buy but try not to have ppl in the back coz they will moan about legroom i tell you!

nice nippy cars when they're 1up. Almost bought one over my S3, but found the lack of bootspace a real showstopper.

Handling on them is really nice, ride is quite stiff too. Performance is OK, but a pulley and remap will put a grin on your face.

Nice cars, but they don't feel very torquey. Not much boot space and no leg room.

Apart from that great little cars.

Its a 2004 Indi Blue Cooper S. First time I've bought a car from a dealer. But its in good nick, and will have a full warrenty etc, plus they did me a pretty good trade in on the A3. Has half leather seats, Harmon Kardon speaker system, white roof, etc. Done 29000 miles. Managed to get them to stick some white stripes on it as part of the deal :cool:. Rather randomly it has no CD player but instead has factory fit MD player :think:.... wierd. Gonna hafta do something about that.

I did think about the lack of legroom but figured if ppl are rude enough to complain then they can get out and walk! Bootspace might be a prob. After I agreed the sale and got home, me and my girlfriend suddenly realised we have no way of getting her bike back to uni when she goes back in october! Oh well we all hafta make sacrifices.

It didn't feel that much quicker than the A3 when I did a test drive but with the salesman in the car I couldn't really drive it hard. Its a great looking car though and I can't wait to get her out on the country roads:hubbahubba:

I test drove one the other day, not sure whether I just drove a duffer or anything but was really not impressed.

Was a 53 plate car, interior was creaking, leather was hard and cracked. Really stiff suspension, and didn't seem to get going till about 4,000rpm - not what I expected from a supercharged car. It ran out of ideas way before the red line too. Handled really sweetly though!

Maybe I just drove an un-loved one? Eitherway, JCW kit or something similar would be needed!