Audi s3 brake fluid capacity

simch

Reaction score
Ok, so following the boiling of my brake fluid on the s3, I am going change it for some race stuff...

Can be quite expensive, so how many litres will I need for a 100% guaranteed change, I dont want any of the old crap left in there at all!

1l, 2l maybe.........or more.....not sure how much the abs pump etc holds.

I run brembos but not sure it makes a significant difference!

1.5L normally but buy two.

Motul RBF600 is a proven fluid and most people I know run it, its the second best readily available fluid but so, so much cheaper than Castrol SRF.

It's also only a DOT4, but look at the specs and you'll see chemically its better than most DOT5.1 fluids.

I got told I had to buy 3 x 500ml RBF Motuls to do a full change but the mechanic only used 2 bottles. I'm hoping he changed the fluid but I have my suspicions!

What colour is the SRF? I know you have to pressure it through from the top so as not to lose the priming on the ABS pump, but at least if its a different colour to stock, you can see when it comes through the nipples!

Looked at the morul stuff, but to be fair if its only 2L I need, and the labour is the same, £40 in the price of the fluid is not worth worrying about. I want to make sure I dont get any of the pedal to floor moments I had on the weekend and an extra 40 sovs to stop that is not an issue!

Simch - let me know how much was used please buddy - I don't want to cook my brakes on the track thinking that the mechanic has changed the fluid when in fact he has tipped it down the drain.

Actually, thinking about it, I only gave my mechanic two bottles last time, as he gave me one back....

So maybe its 1 litre and buy 1.5l just in case?

That would then tie up with Aky's mechanic only having used two bottles.....

I reckon 2l should be enough..!?!?!We'll see

I used about 1.5 litres changing my recently.. about 500ml was spent when using vagcom to flush the abs pump.. without vagcom i would not have been driving home that evening as i had no pedal at all

Yes, vagcom and a pressure bleeder are pretty essential!

i was using a pressure bleeder, didnt realise I needed vagcom until i done a search on the forum
:readit::readit::readit:

I'm 99% sure the mechanic I used wouldn't have had access to Vagcom. I didn't know he'd need it. What do I need to do? flush the system using Vagcom?