Rear number plate

vanilla_ice

Reaction score
Hi,

My rear number plate has become loose on one side so every now and then I have to lift up the left hand side so it sits level.

The number plate sits in a black plastic surround with the Audi Dealer details printed along the bottom. I have had a look to see how I can tighten it up but couldn’t see any visible signs etc. Are there screw/bolt heads that are being covered over by the number plate itself?

If anyone has a guide or has any pointers on how to tighten it up, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,

ICE

most dealers tend to stick the numberplate to the dealer surround, then stick the whole lot to the rear of the car.

If you're lucky, the dealer plate may be bolted to the car, then the plate stuck to the surround.

My money's on copious amount of sticky fixers though... that seems to be their favourite...

Yeah, I reckon sticky fixers too. Personally, I use the german style plate holders, which are screwed in. They look nicer and do a better job of holding the plate in.

Ive got the german style at the moment but the proplem Im gettin is the metal plate rattles due too the vibrations from the sub. Noticed it badly when I have the music on too was the car. Any suggestions on how I can stop this?

bouncer--daz said:
Any suggestions on how I can stop this?

do what the dealers do and wedge in some sticky fixers...

I've had another look at my plate and to me it feel like it has been screwed on. The plate will slide up and down, but does not feel like it can be pulled away from the boot and I don't want to force anything.

"If" it has been screwed on, does anyone know if the screw / bolt heads will be between the number plate holder and then plate itself? Or can I go at it from the boot door lining?

ICE

It'll be stuck on if you cant see any bolt heads. The dealer plates at the bottom are normally just stuck to the bottom of the number plate.