Oh and another thing!!! my cars a hypochondriac

MeAndMyBaby

Can I Borrow 1.4 Bhp off anyone please
Reaction score
I had the long life service completed 12k ago 25/05/2006 and my light just came on to say its due in 1000 miles.............

is my car just a little girl or am i missing something, i thought it was 20k intervals

depends how you drive it, it takes into account the viscocity of the oil and the time driven. Even if you didn`t do the miles it would tell you to sevice it after 2 years irraspective of the mileage.

Will people stop saying that.

It does NOT take into account the 'viscosity' of the oil!

You could put robinsons, or treacle into the engine and as long as the levels stay above the minimum it'd think the oil was fine.

However, fingermouse is correct, variable servicing is based on miles/use.

You will never get 20K miles out of an AVS, I barely get 9K out of mine.

The theoretical maximum is 24 months, or 20k miles - however this is subject to your mileage per month, and the car adjusts it service accordingly. It has no fancy sensors anywhere to tell what condition its fluids are in.

Oh, and it's also subject to the numbers that the dealers put into the AVS settings in your ECU after your service.... not that i'd ever suggest that lower values could be put in here to get you back in the serive bay prematurely...

although thats not really a problem is it mad :) as a car like the S3 should be services every10k at the MOST anyway :)