my alarm dont make a noise

jeffers999

got boost
Reaction score
Hello everyone i have a little problem with my alarm it dont work lol it flashes the indicators when i lock and un-lock the car but it dont make any noise even when i let the alarm go off it just flashes any way of turning the siren back on cheers .. jeff

think you have to buy a new siren, i have the same problem flashes but no noise

isn't it a setting you just need to change to make it work?

the alarm sound on the s3 is poxy. i set mine off by accident and was emabarrsed by the ***** sound.
Its nothing like when i had a clifford

but id rather have a poo sound than nothing cant afford another toad this month as i just put one on my other car last week i was just hoping i could click my fingers 3 times and say a magic word and it would work he he

he he nothing mate lol,, i was supposed to say cant afford another toad alarm this month i just had one fitted to my other car cost me enough .....

Your siren isen't broken, they are set to silent by default. There is a way of turning the sound back on again, but can't remember if it's a DIY thing or through your dealer (or VAG software, if you have it).

I am sure that if you search the forum you'll come across something.

Cheers
N

noodle said:
Your siren isen't broken, they are set to silent by default. There is a way of turning the sound back on again, but can't remember if it's a DIY thing or through your dealer (or VAG software, if you have it).

I am sure that if you search the forum you'll come across something.

Cheers
N

I'm pretty I've read that this can be done via vag-com

will have to search for that thread

why would you have an alarm set to silent by default??? i've never seen a setting in vag-com to disable the siren, you can enable or disable the lock/unlock beep but that's all

it's knackered, the bateries in it have died, there's 2 options open to you, buy replacement siren for around 80 quid from audi or fit a remote battery pack, do a search on here to find the post about it

cheers ... abdus ill let ya know how it goes ok mate... n cheers shineydave ill give this vag-com a try and if id dont work ill go 2 audi for a new one i think .. cheers

Sorry buddy, I mis-read your original post.

I'd agree that your siren is ******** if your alarm is triggered but there is no noise. I thought that you wanted it to bleep on set/un-set.

Good luck with it.

noodle said:
Sorry buddy, I mis-read your original post.

I'd agree that your siren is ******** if your alarm is triggered but there is no noise. I thought that you wanted it to bleep on set/un-set.

Good luck with it.

I'm happy to say I'm sorry too...:( thought only when locking and unlocking