Starting Problem...

TheSpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Hi, this isnt actually my car but my dads. the car seems to want to start turning over, but not actually starting, seeming as though it has fuel starvation or no spark. The engine judders then stops as though its about to start. Any idea chaps?

I thought immobilizer too but no light comes on... Same engine as mine I think (AGN?) Its naturally aspirated in any case... Could it be the fuel pumps had it? How difficult are they to change, I'd rather take all the steps I can to get it working myself without resorting to the garage.

same sort of thing happen to my girlfriends fiat but it just turns over and doesnt fire,i found a crack in the inlet manifold and thought that it may be drawing in unwanted air,so welded it up and still the same,i have checked everything i can think of engine wise,i doubt its the fuel pump,im guessing its the immobiliser,which i am goin to a dealer so they can put a diagnostic computer on it and see if they can reprogram the immobiliser.etc.

I had this problem for the last few weeks, was starting sometimes and not others, turned out to be the crank sensor!
Dont go on my word though as the little ****** sensor was £68+VAT!!!!

get a diagnostic!

josh

Thanks guys, I'm gonna have a go at it tommorow during the day I'll let you know. So far we have Fuel pump/immobiliser/crank sensor... anymore suggestions? As many educated guesses as possible would help as it allows us to eliminate them as we go!! Muchos Gracias!

I have checked it just in case but its definatly not the battery since it turns over... It seems like its about to start then judders and stops. Just had a look today and it does look like the fuel pumps had it. Is there a fuse for the fuel pump?