Badger5Sky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Advice needed on changing

Hi all,

I've had my S3 for nearly three years now and although i am very pleased with it, i feel i need a change. I am by no means a car enthusiast as many of you are, but i do like a nice car.

I've been to look at the new A3 v6 but think its a bit bland for the price, saying that i havent driven it yet.

I have been looking at a BMW 330 ci club sport and was wondering if anyone had any experiences to offer. I havent test driven one yet and wonder how it compares against the S3 (mine is a 210 BHP by the way). My budget is between 25-30k but dont know what to go for???

If Audi brought out a new S3, i would have no hesitations in going for that.

Your views please

cheers

Mike

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Advice needed on changing

It all depends on what you want out of a car. Personally, i wouldnt be seen dead driving a BMW.

Reverse Gear

Status

A friend of mine has a 530D sport touring and that fecker flies, nice cabin aswell! pitty its a beemer really, apart from that i cant fault it. it's purely belter for overtaking.

6th Gear

Status

I was all set to get another 3 series BMW before I got mt A3 (would only have been a E36 model - I'm not that well off!) but EVERY man and his dog had one. The A3 was a less common and I have always liked hatchbacks.

2nd Gear

Status

So Gambba - if you're migrating to BMW, does that mean an end to your contributions to Audi sites?

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    khufu said:
    I have always liked hatchbacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could of got a compact [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    bk1 said:
    So Gambba - if you're migrating to BMW, does that mean an end to your contributions to Audi sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not migrating just yet as my A3 has a little bit of abuse to withstand before completely breaking [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's also dependent on if I move to the Middle East in the coming year or so, where I can afford a tax free, heavily discounted M3 or M5 from my friends at a BMW dealership [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

So you don't get rid of me that easily [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Why not look at a Boxster, you'll get a cracker for that cash! Don't get me wrong it's perhaps a tad unpractical (altho' a set of clubs DO fit into the rear boot, drivers'n'all). AND what a drive, you've gotta try it. I had a fantastic summer out of mine, but it's refinement got me bored quickly, no leather, AC, etc. So now I'm happy in my lovely S3. Especially at this time of year.

Just a thought?

Gregg