Advice needed on changing

Mike_Wales

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my S3 for nearly three years now and although i am very pleased with it, i feel i need a change. I am by no means a car enthusiast as many of you are, but i do like a nice car.

I've been to look at the new A3 v6 but think its a bit bland for the price, saying that i havent driven it yet.

I have been looking at a BMW 330 ci club sport and was wondering if anyone had any experiences to offer. I havent test driven one yet and wonder how it compares against the S3 (mine is a 210 BHP by the way). My budget is between 25-30k but dont know what to go for???

If Audi brought out a new S3, i would have no hesitations in going for that.

Your views please

cheers

Mike

It all depends on what you want out of a car. Personally, i wouldnt be seen dead driving a BMW.

A friend of mine has a 530D sport touring and that fecker flies, nice cabin aswell! pitty its a beemer really, apart from that i cant fault it. it's purely belter for overtaking.

I was all set to get another 3 series BMW before I got mt A3 (would only have been a E36 model - I'm not that well off!) but EVERY man and his dog had one. The A3 was a less common and I have always liked hatchbacks.

So Gambba - if you're migrating to BMW, does that mean an end to your contributions to Audi sites?

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
I have always liked hatchbacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could of got a compact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bk1 said:
So Gambba - if you're migrating to BMW, does that mean an end to your contributions to Audi sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not migrating just yet as my A3 has a little bit of abuse to withstand before completely breaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's also dependent on if I move to the Middle East in the coming year or so, where I can afford a tax free, heavily discounted M3 or M5 from my friends at a BMW dealership /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So you don't get rid of me that easily /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why not look at a Boxster, you'll get a cracker for that cash! Don't get me wrong it's perhaps a tad unpractical (altho' a set of clubs DO fit into the rear boot, drivers'n'all). AND what a drive, you've gotta try it. I had a fantastic summer out of mine, but it's refinement got me bored quickly, no leather, AC, etc. So now I'm happy in my lovely S3. Especially at this time of year.

Just a thought?

Gregg