Badger5Volks Autos
    Can I Borrow 1.4 Bhp off anyone please

Status

URGENT TIMING BELT INFO NEEDED / HESITATION

Hey, if you read my other post the other day you'l see i've been having problems with me motor with a garage etc etc,

Anyway the basic thing is i just had my waterpump changed and the timing belt too as the car was overheating.....Now the car is playing up.

In third gear it stutters on full throttle and in fourth it will not budge past 4.5k rpm. gets faster slowly but stutters and hesitates and the same in 5th gear too, wont budge over 5k rpm.

Is the timing out? has the garage cocked it up. i need to know so i can go back and know if hes giving me the run around bull**** like garages like to.

Thanks
    Last edited by MeAndMyBaby; 9th August 2007 at 21:11.
    A3 1.8T quattro Sport - Stainless Exhaust with Sports Cat- Tints - AMD Tuned 198.6 bhp, 217.4 ft/lb - Pretty Red Calipers

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Sounds like they have neglected to plug something back in or possibly the camshaft sensor?

You really really need to get someone to plug VAG-COM in and check what fault codes are present then you can go back to the garage and be clued up about whats wrong.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

1st Gear

Status
    does sound like timing could be out. it should be there all the time if timing is out, also it could be misfiring

Status
    well i think one of the coilpacks is misfiring as i have a similar problem that richA3 Turbo has with part throttle when the car is cold....but this is totally different.......it just wont budge over 5k revs in fourth or fifth. thats my favourite place as well on my private motorway when i'm cruising at 100+ lol
    A3 1.8T quattro Sport - Stainless Exhaust with Sports Cat- Tints - AMD Tuned 198.6 bhp, 217.4 ft/lb - Pretty Red Calipers

Status
    the belt was out of place.....even though i went back and said that originally....i just had my car serviced by a different garage and it was pointed out to me by the garage and they fixed it, £70. gonna go back to the original garage now and warranty company and demand a refund of the £70

i'm gonna walk from now on, garages are all theiving lying scum