urgent advice please... lower suspension arms

bouncer--daz

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!
Reaction score
Basically I know on the passenger side the ball joint is gone and on the drivers side the bushes are going.

Through audi they have quoted me £47 per arm... then £19.50 per ball joint plus VAT which works out at £156.27

But just looked on ebay and found this....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-FRONT-LOWER-SUSPENSION-WISHBONE-2-ARMS-ARM_W0QQitemZ280077157834QQihZ018QQcategoryZ10372QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Just incase the link isnt working its Item number: 280077157834
Is this the correct parts because that would save me £100!?!?!?!:wtf:

Advice please?

Honestly reason why Its urgent advice needed is because ive already ordered the ball joints which were not instock with audi... want to know wether too cancel the order and save myself £100.. would have to cancel the order 1st thing in the morning though... anyone else positive these are the correct arms etc?

I went for the genuine audi parts in the end and Im glad I did. Just had them fitted and took my baby for a spin. The handling has improved so much.... she sticks like **** too a towel round the corners... the knocking sound has gone, the vibrations through streering wheel have gone. It cost me £160ish for parts and £60 for labour off a local mechanic, compared to audi's quote that was a bargin.
Im a very happy bunny:icon_thumright:

160 for parts, did you change the whole arms?

The rear bushes are only £9 each from audi. and the fronts cant be much if any more

yer the whole arms... because its cheaper to buy new arms with the bushes already fitted than paying for the labour of having the bushes swapped as they have too be drilled out and pressed back in. Finding some who can press them with the 10tonne of pressure required is a challenge in itself

cant say for the front bushes but i pressed my rear's in with a large socket and a vice

it was mentioned in a previous thread about what it takes to press them in and my mechanic adviced me to go for new arms straight away due too the amount of work needed to swap the bushes. Audi in gloucester also agree with this when they quoted me for the work... after labour costs there was about £10 difference between swapping the bushes and havin whole new arms..... around the £350 mark... saved myself over £100 in the end so Im happy plus the car feels so much better:sex: :arco:

fair enough. I see its the labour that mounts up.
My bushes were shot, changed em and my car feel loads better now too:racer::arco: