Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

Status

lower suspension arms....UPDATE

Basically I know on the passenger side the ball joint is gone and on the drivers side the bushes are going.

Through audi they have quoted me Ł47 per arm... then Ł19.50 per ball joint plus VAT which works out at Ł156.27

But just looked on ebay and found this....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-FRONT-...ayphotohosting

Just incase the link isnt working its Item number: 280077157834
    Is this the correct parts because that would save me Ł100!?!?!?!

Advice please?
    Last edited by bouncer--daz; 8th August 2007 at 17:45.

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

2. # ADS
    ADS

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Yep, they would work.

Status
    Honestly reason why Its urgent advice needed is because ive already ordered the ball joints which were not instock with audi... want to know wether too cancel the order and save myself £100.. would have to cancel the order 1st thing in the morning though... anyone else positive these are the correct arms etc?

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

Status
    I went for the genuine audi parts in the end and Im glad I did. Just had them fitted and took my baby for a spin. The handling has improved so much.... she sticks like **** too a towel round the corners... the knocking sound has gone, the vibrations through streering wheel have gone. It cost me £160ish for parts and £60 for labour off a local mechanic, compared to audi's quote that was a bargin.
    Im a very happy bunny

4th Gear

Status
    160 for parts, did you change the whole arms?

The rear bushes are only £9 each from audi. and the fronts cant be much if any more

Status
    yer the whole arms... because its cheaper to buy new arms with the bushes already fitted than paying for the labour of having the bushes swapped as they have too be drilled out and pressed back in. Finding some who can press them with the 10tonne of pressure required is a challenge in itself

4th Gear

Status
    cant say for the front bushes but i pressed my rear's in with a large socket and a vice

Status
    it was mentioned in a previous thread about what it takes to press them in and my mechanic adviced me to go for new arms straight away due too the amount of work needed to swap the bushes. Audi in gloucester also agree with this when they quoted me for the work... after labour costs there was about Ł10 difference between swapping the bushes and havin whole new arms..... around the Ł350 mark... saved myself over Ł100 in the end so Im happy plus the car feels so much better

4th Gear

Status
    fair enough. I see its the labour that mounts up.
    My bushes were shot, changed em and my car feel loads better now too