AH FabricationsBadger5

Thread: gtrs upgrade

Neutral

Status

gtrs upgrade

hi guys, after a lot of searching ive decided that im going to go for a gtrs eliminator, just for an easy upgrade, im going to order the hardware kit from atp, but was wondering if anybody could suggest anything else i might need or any fitting tips etc, i have already got miltek hi flow cats and cat back, for the time being ill be using std mannifold and downpipe, any info on this would be great guys thanks, daz

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    goodluck.. check a few of these posts.. i have also been researching it

GTRS Eliminator Finally Fitted

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128391

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3164121&page=4

http://www.nipponpower.com/product.p...l%3C%2Fa%3E%29

not as easy as it was supposed to be, looks like you need to grind the gearbox housing down, remake the gearbox linkage bracket, hope it fits, remake a TIP for it, get it mapped etc etc etc... just hope its not your daily driver

Neutral

Status
    lol, it is my daily driver, i thought the fitment issues were with the 2wd 6 speed cars? maybe im wrong,

Neutral

Status
    so, where do i look for a intake pipe to fit and airfilter, do atp not do them, i thought you just modified the forge tip?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vtdaz
    lol, it is my daily driver, i thought the fitment issues were with the 2wd 6 speed cars? maybe im wrong,

i thought that the case until

Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3

The Eliminators are a total b!tch to fit. They don't go in well with the quattro transmission and six speed box. There's a bit of modifying of the gear linkage to be done, and it needed a custom TIP and airfilter. The standard injectors couldn't handle the power, so I've put in 550cc ATP items with the correct spray pattern, and the N75 was hopeless at delivering the boost so I've gone for an Apexi AVC-R controller. One thing that had been putting me off for ages was the lack of decent manifold. Not a problem really, it gets the power on the standard mani no problem. Infact Jim has had to limit the power just to keep the internals safe.