Which HU works with DIS

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Looking to get a decent aftermarket HU.

Key features i would like are:

DIS Function to display maybey the CDTEXT and MP3 Details.
MP3 - ID3 Tags.
Bluetooth phone.
integration to existing changer (if it supports CDTEXT etx)

possibly ipod / usb connections

not really sure what options i have. but i definetly know i dont want something that looks like a Chavs pair of trainers

Ta dudes.

Only Blaupunkt HU's integrate with DIS and you have to buy an additional cable at £70 - total waste of money, just look 12 inches to the left.
No HU will work with existing changer, even if it did changer doesn't support CD Text or MP3 so better off selling it and buying something decent.
Closest match to stock is Becker:

thanks andy, Usefull as always

me being propper lazy and all... can i use the existing CD Changer cable? so i dont have to take the car to bits.

No you'll need a new cable, it'll easily tuck under the trim so you don't have to dismantle the interior

Bump :

Am looking at replacing my Audi Concert II headunit which is connected to the cd changer in the boot plus subwoofer etc...

As mentioned above the DIS on the dashboard will no longer work with aftermarket HU's which is a bit dissapointing but i suppose i can look at the headunit itself as AndyMac pointed out.

I have seen a few becker HU's that also do Sat Nav and are single DIN fitting. would this be an easy to fit item and will it work with the speaker and CD changer in the boot setup i already have??

I would be interested in retro fitting the RNSE syten to my car but its a pre-facelift S3 so i think this is quite difficult to do. How much do you think it would cost to do this i my car (equip + fitting)??

No HU's work with the stock changer, sell it and buy a decent one with MP3 support.