2002 S3 Wing Mirrors

CeeDee

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just checked my car after working away from home over the past few days only to find some chancer has stolen my wing mirrors!! Absolutely raging! Just called Glasgow Audi and they will cost around £335 each for new ones. My question is, does anyone know of anywhere cheaper in the Glasgow area where I might be able to get my hands on a pair?

Cheers

Pay the theft excess on your insurance, your doors were probably dented slightly too.

Sorry to hear what has happened. Have a look on eBay, you'll probably find your mirrors are on there...

Yer sorry to hear. These scumbags really pi** me off.
It happened to someone else last week on the forum and i think audi quoted them for 5 hrs labour as they need to take the doors off and apart. (wires were cut so need re doing)
It can be done yourself but is a timely job.

Thats why i wont buy them incase they get nicked.

I wouldnt wana do it too mine due too it being only an A3 but what do you guys think of the plastic covers available on ebay... they seems too look good and obviously wont be as expensive to replace if stolen?

this has put me off getting them now, damn thieves! interested in how the cheaper version look.

Chrome mirrors are a must have feature on an S3!

Mirror-3.jpg

Mirror-2.jpg

Mirror-1.jpg

Surely you agree!!

They're nice, but a little bling for me. Also they've started putting silver mirros on all-sorts these days (toyota hilux/vectra etc) so they're not as exclusive. Just my opinion though.

They're brushed aluminium.

I had mine stolen and decided to fit standard ones as replacements as there's absolutely nothing stopping them getting stolen again. I was quoted £770 for brushed aluminium ones without fitment.

Standard cost me £255 and I fitted them myself (an easy job as advised by JCB on another post)).

Standards come in a grey primer colour and what you can do is have them sprayed in a metallic colour which look exactly the same but at a fraction of the price. They'd still probably get stolen though. Funnily enough I actually like the primer colour of grey agaist the black of my car.

Dylarolla said:
They're brushed aluminium.

I had mine stolen and decided to fit standard ones as replacements as there's absolutely nothing stopping them getting stolen again.

In my experience that is incorrect. My friend has not been back to steal mine for well over a year now after he realised he could not cut them from the car last time.