Finally Got my New Clutch installed!

QUATTRO_REP

Diesel Power!
Reaction score
after a very long week in the waiting finally have my new performce clutch installed. only took so long due to my mechanic having some family trouble and wrong parts being delivered! just my luck.

well heres the break down of what i got incase anyone else is needing a clutch.

Sachs Performance Clutch £400.00
Sachs Fly wheel £260
Release Bearing 37.00
Fitting £150
Total cost £847
gettin my car back runnin fast = priceless! lol:rockwoot:

....big money for a clutch, car feels 100% better tho, gear changes feel more responsive and it pulls a lot better but thats prob because i had a fried clutch for a few month!

Congratulations - you find with the Sach sports clutch that the biting point is very narrow. Good for the fast starts but sometimes it gets a bit tiring in stop start traffic.
Good to hear you are pleased

yeah ive noticed that, took a bit to get used to, doesnt like starting slow any more, great for launching tho! see how it goes in the traffic lol.

Is the Sachs flywheel lightened?

I've got the Sachs VW VR6 clutch which is rated to 320ft.lbs, which I think is less than the Sachs performance kit can handle, and mine now has a very light pedal but the biting point is OEM.

no think its just OEM...was thinkin of going lightend but couldnt find any.

Great stuff. You might notice an improvement in MPG now that all the power you're generating is actually getting to the road! Mine went up 4mpg (according to DIS) with the new clutch, which is a 10% improvement. It'll pay for itself before long ;)

funny you should say that, because i have noticed a bit of an increase, its all good give it a year or two and its paid for itself lol! :icon_thumright:

I've got the Sachs and I hated it to start with but now I'm used to it, I don't notice I have it, which is a good thing!

Just can't drive other cars anymore lol!